Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Camera Alert/Tom Tom Voice Issue
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Camera Alert/Tom Tom Voice Issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnF
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Camera Alert/Tom Tom Voice Issue Reply with quote

I cannot get any voice alerts from Camera Alert when running Tom Tom on my I pod touch 4g. Both apps run perfectly on their own. Tom Tom 1.9 runs ok with camera alert except I do not get voice alerts.

The touch is running IOS 5.0.1 and is jailbroken so I can use the TomTom Wireless GPS module MK2 using BtStack 1.6.1.

Could the problem be that I am running two apps in the background Camera Alert & BT Stack.

Are the any alternatives to BT Stack I could try.

I have tried just using the Ipod speakers but to no avail.

Regards John
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The two applications should coexist peacefully. Are you piping the sound through a Bluetooth A2DP, or through the device speaker? In CamerAlert you may want to try the alternative routing.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
JohnF
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lutz, Thanks for the reply. I will try that. At the moment I am using an Apple cable to the car radio which works fine with just Camera Alert running.

To day I have installed the POI's into TomTom which works fine. Strangly I am getting some voice instructions which I presume are comming from Camera Alert although it is not running.

Regards John

Regards John
hil26
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: have a similar issue Reply with quote

Just changed car to new Honda Jazz.

Plug iphone cable in run camalert and no sound at all, unplug and vice through phone ok.

Cannot find a way of routing alerts through car speakers when plugged in via USB cable. (Music works fine though).

Any help appreciated

cheers

Dave
longitude
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to Setup, Warnings "tap on arrow for settings". First item is Audio route. Tap the music symbol for output to aux/usb in, the next one is for your iPhone speaker and the last for bluetooth connection I believe. Next options are fairly obvious, personally I prefer the music to fade while alerts are announced.
I should add this works for me using the headphone socket on my iPhone feeding the aux in to my radio. Hope that helps. If you update the app to 1.3.6 you may find the audio doesn't work anyway until they find a fix. See later posts for more info.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: