Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Motorways Trial New Speed Limit As Nearly Half Exceed 70 MPH
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Motorways Trial New Speed Limit As Nearly Half Exceed 70 MPH
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gl3n
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Clearer signage and reasonable adjustments for conditions Reply with quote

My only speeding ticket was for doing 76 on a motorway, on a Sunday morning, with no other cars on the road. I'm not saying I shouldn't have got a ticket but the conditions were dry and visibility were very good so I wasn't being reckless or dangerous.

That is what really gets me. I can drive along and see folk on a hand-held phone, jumping red lights, driving the wrong way around roundabouts, ignoring no entry signs and so on. That has been on a short journey to drop my wife at the station this morning. If there were more unmarked police cars these more dangerous action could be caught too. When was th elast time you saw a marked or un-marked traffic police car.

I've also seen people do loads of dangerous things that have been ignored by police in a car either next to me or in front. Why aren't they at least stopping them and warning? I'm pretty sure that if I was stopped for doing somethign and warned by a uniformed officer that I would take notice of it.

The M6 toll is in variably empty, and probably safer as a result, because of the cost. Yet there are often speed cameras along it. Yet I'm sure the standard of driving on the M6, especially with the higher volume of traffic could do with more hands on policing Police .

The proposal to stop cheap booze Guinness by having a minimum cost per unit doesn't just affect those that abuse alcohol but also those that do drink responsibly too. People can drive fast on roads and be responsible by taking into account traffic volume, weather conditions and so on but are limited by those that abuse the regulations.

I also think there should be a minimum speed limit on motorways too. I've experienced the people doing 30ish or those cranes doing about 40 on a motorway causing considerable chaos as people try to pass them.
Bunty1948
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: Clearer signage and reasonable adjustments for condition Reply with quote

Gl3n wrote:
When was th elast time you saw a marked or un-marked traffic police car.

I've also seen people do loads of dangerous things that have been ignored by police in a car either next to me or in front. Why aren't they at least stopping them and warning? I'm pretty sure that if I was stopped for doing somethign and warned by a uniformed officer that I would take notice of it.

In my part of the country, almost every time I drive along a dual carriageway or motorway If you know what you are looking for they are almost as easy to spot as marked police cars. However, they are not a deterent. There should be more marked cars on the roads. They regulate behaviour much more than unmarked cars, just see how drivers behave when they see a Highways Agency Traffic Patrol, and they have very limited powers to deal with traffic offenders. And as I have said many times before, someone tail gateing at 50mph is more dangerous than someone driving on a clear road at 80mph, but which one gets the fine? Another pet hate of mine is the self righteuous motorist travelling at 60mph, by his speedo, more realistically 56mph true speed being overtaken by a truck which is goverened to 56mph and therefore taking several miles to complete the manoevre. If the driver wants to travel at a true 56mph then either stick to the "slow lane" or preferably don't use a motorway and most definitely don't venture into the middle lane as then we have a convoy of coaches who can't use lane three.

Alan

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: