Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - map upgrade
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

map upgrade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dickins
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: map upgrade Reply with quote

Hi ,
I have just upgraded my map to the latest uk /Ireland download,now the pgpsw speed warnings seem to be disabled,is this normal?
Also I had the mapcorrections facility disabled,should i enable this and download the latest corrections?
Thank you
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has always been the case in the past that you lost your settings with a new map upgrade. It seems to be less the case nowadays, but it looks like you have fallen victim to it.

Do you have a Windows Explorer backup copy taken at some time before you downloaded the map? - if so, copy the mapsettings.cfg file from your backup into the map folder of the new map and the warnings should reappear. If you don't have a backup (take one NOW) I'm afraid you'll just have to bite the bullet and setup all the camera warnings again. Crying or Very sad Take another backup after you have setup the camera warnings.

If you had the map corrections facility disabled previously, presumably you had a reason why? If that reason is still valid, then surely you should not be enabling them? I'm trying to avoid my usual rant about the worthless nature of MapShare corrections, but if I did rant, there would be a response from someone who thinks they are great. So make up your own mind.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved to the TomTom section....

(kinda guessing it's a TomTom... Wink Which one? How new?)

--------

Tiny point of order... it's 'mapsettings.cfg' on the iPhone app but 'MapSettings.cfg' on a hardware TomTom.

To my mind, the biggest reason to enable the map corrections feature is to allow you to make corrections on your own copy of the map. whether you share those corrections with the community is up to you.

There were good historical reasons not to trust the downloaded corrections (temporary road closures marked as permanent, for example), but I think they are a lot better these days.
dickins
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the prompt reply guys,very grateful for your help.
Its a 530 unit,I have reset all the cameras and made a back up.
Cheers

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: