Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - new navcore 9.400 for x20/x30/x40/x50 devices
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

new navcore 9.400 for x20/x30/x40/x50 devices
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbecking wrote:
Last week I upgrades to 9.400 with my 540, as most people then found live services then didn't work so went back to 9.058.

Today I received this email from tomtom, I hope they are not taking the mick tellin me to upgrade to a version that doesn't work!

I think this email's been sent to everyone and refers to last week's release, not a new one!
Samsung Galaxy S21
rbecking
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anita wrote:
rbecking wrote:
Last week I upgrades to 9.400 with my 540, as most people then found live services then didn't work so went back to 9.058.

Today I received this email from tomtom, I hope they are not taking the mick tellin me to upgrade to a version that doesn't work!

I think this email's been sent to everyone and refers to last week's release, not a new one!

Yep so they are sending it to everyone including x40 owners knowing full well if they updated they will break their devices.
MRCC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbecking wrote:

Yep so they are sending it to everyone including x40 owners knowing full well if they updated they will break their devices.

I got this email too and they know i have a 540. They are unbelievably inept Evil or Very Mad

The main reason i use my 540 is for the HDtraffic, so the duff update would be a major nuisance to me. Fortunately Very Happy this forum gives me great advice to protect me against TT's effort to sabotage things!
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guivre46 wrote:
RDS-TMC is so much better with 9.400 on my 530. I wouldn't have bothered getting the 550 if it had been this good a year ago.

I'm looking at the Hanger Lane gyratory system, the information changes minute to minute

Are you sure? I upgraded my GO520 with RDS-TMC and the traffic disk was present very much quicker than previously, looked really great.

BUT I have RDS-TMC running alongside on my built in Carminat which has not upgraded the Navcore. The 520 showed a good connection all the time, BUT NO TRAFFIC, whilst at the same time the Carminat showed incidents. I had, of course, my previous version on SD card, so I stopped in motorway services and swapped over. The traffic disk took longer, but showed incidents.

I am wondering if perhaps the new Navcore shows the RDS-TMC traffic disk more readily than before, without actually connecting to the server? As a complete techno numpty, I can't understand how a software update could improve radio reception.
MRCC wrote:
I got this email too and they know i have a 540. They are unbelievably inept
What on earth persuades you they know you've got a 540? They only know you've got an email address registered with them - I've had that email only once so far, but there are another half dozen at least about to descend on me for all my other registered addresses!

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
As a complete techno numpty, I can't understand how a software update could improve radio reception.
Exactly what my granny said when she read that post, and I must agree with her in this instance.
Guivre46
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:

BUT I have RDS-TMC running alongside on my built in Carminat which has not upgraded the Navcore. The 520 showed a good connection all the time, BUT NO TRAFFIC, whilst at the same time the Carminat showed incidents. I had, of course, my previous version on SD card, so I stopped in motorway services and swapped over. The traffic disk took longer, but showed incidents.

Just removed my post as not relevant to the icon discussion, then realised it had been quoted. OK, I've not used it in-car, just sitting here next to me. The green disc appears more quickly than v8.351. I could then see contraflows at Windsor [M4] and between M25 and M1. The gyratory was having a bad day and tail backs in 4 directions lengthened and shortened and changed from yellow to orange to red and back.

But over on the Tomtom forum, my experience seems to be the exception, and people are having trouble. Beginning to wonder if getting my antenna in Germany might be a factor?
Kia In-dash Tomtom

Last edited by Guivre46 on Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
IanS100
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
I've had that email only once so far, but there are another half dozen at least about to descend on me for all my other registered addresses!

Stop showing off they've ignored me completely - I must be persona non grata with TomTom Laughing
MRCC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
What on earth persuades you they know you've got a 540? They only know you've got an email address registered with them - I've had that email only once so far, but there are another half dozen at least about to descend on me for all my other registered addresses!

1) When I log on to MyTomTom on the TT website it shows, in the top right corner:

Welcome, Mr. Xxxxx Create account(log out) TomTom GO 540 LIVE

This is without my device being connected to the PC.

2) I was under the impression that when buying a new device you had to use a new email address as your original was linked to your device. i had to do this when i changed from TT One to 540. Presumably same reason why Dennis has half a dozen devices and email addresses...
IanS100
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need a genuine email address MRCC@MRCC.com would be sufficient
Rickj2903
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IanS100 wrote:
DennisN wrote:
I've had that email only once so far, but there are another half dozen at least about to descend on me for all my other registered addresses!

Stop showing off they've ignored me completely - I must be persona non grata with TomTom Laughing

Don't take it personally IanS100, I haven't had an email either, but that's probably for the best as I couldn't guarantee that my reply would be polite. Laughing
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IanS100 wrote:

Stop showing off - how many times and how long for, have you been banned/suspended from their website? Twisted Evil

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got three GO's with three e-addresses and I've received the message once and that was to the address associated with the 940 which is the device I'd least want to install it on!

It made me smile though when I read how much easier and enjoyable it said it would make my journeys.

EDIT - Out of curiosity, does anybody have the info bar set to "Vertical" and are there any anomalies associated with that setting?
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
cliveb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Navcore 9.401 Reply with quote

I've just downloaded the update to fix the error 1008 problem encountered with the 9.4 update and my live services are now working - hurrah.
justbrowsing
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe close this thread now as rev/new app 9.401 now available?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: