Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Iphone IOS 5 and v.1.9
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Iphone IOS 5 and v.1.9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kaer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Iphone IOS 5 and v.1.9 Reply with quote

Been having issues the last week or so, with my 3GS and v.1.9
For some reason the app is not happy with the GPS signal anymore (last 10 days or so). "Poor GPS Reception". All other apps that use GPS work fine.
I have not changed environment (ie. same car, same environment, no shield). I have reset the iphone en every possible way, reinstalled the app, re-downloaded the app etc.) All software involved is the latest available.
I can see the app comes up with the right position initially - as in where I am - but it never enters NAV mode - just greys out.
I can see on the TomTom forum, I am not alone, and the issue also exists on iphone 4 and 4s.
Anybody here had the issue ?
st1967
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using the TomTom cradle or not. I gave up trying to use my 3GS on it's own as the GPS was not good enough? Did plenty of field hopping when driving down the motorway as the signal dropped in and out.

Bought the TomTom iPhone cradle with additional external GPS chip and had no problems since. I am on IOS 5.0.1 too.

Its not cheap but it saved my sanity as I use it every day and could not live with the Live Traffic these days.
kaer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No cradle - has not been necessary, and ill actually be somewhat annoyed if the Tomtom support starts with that.....
Anyway ..... some users have the issue with the 4s as well. And a cradle for that wold be a bit embarrassing would it not ? Wink
st1967
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure then? I think you have been lucky if just the 3GS has been working?

I always thought the chip was fine for pedestrian maps type GPS but not up to the job of turn by turn satnav

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: