Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Copilot Live 8 Speed Cameras......really this bad?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Copilot Live 8 Speed Cameras......really this bad?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CraigC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:14 am    Post subject: Copilot Live 8 Speed Cameras......really this bad? Reply with quote

A friend has lent me his Galaxy Tab for a couple of weeks to play with while he's away.

Installed is Co-Pilot Live 8 and never having used CPL before I'm shocked and just want to confirm some things......My nav of choice at the moment is IGO8 (8.3 IIRC) on a Win6.5 phone which has a great interface and functionality.

1. It cannot really be true can it that CPL removes all the POI's from the map including Speedcams when the car is in motion. Surely the whole point of having speedcams on the nav system is to avoid them?

2. Is the only warning available the 1000/500 yard audio warning? On the IGO8 it has an 'increased urgency' beeper as you get closer to the camera.

3. I prefer the IGO8 interface but the newer version of CoPilot Live Premium looks better, however having read the forums about CPL Premium (9) I get the distinct impression that many users see it as a retrograde step in terms of functionality.

4. Are they really saying that they expect you to pay £30+ per year to upgrade the software/maps?

5. Is there anything on 'droid that's as good as IGO8 8.3 in terms of functionality? Even close would possibly get me to bite the bullet and move as even IGO8 later versions have been retrograde in terms of functionality IMHO.

Thanks in advance

Chris
Duddy
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Look in you settings for what POI's to display. I have no problems running CP8 on my Desire. The POI's I've selected show when moving but there again I've no experience of the Galaxy Tab.

2. Yes, I agree, the advanced warning in CP8 is poor but install CamerAlert (a V good buy at 59p), run it in the background, disable CP8's audio alerts and active CamerAlert's (this is variable by time).

Cannot comment on points 3 & 5

4 I agree, I have suggested to Alk that map updates should be available, at reasonable cost, without having to install an updated program.

All I can say is my combination of HTC Desire, CP8 & CamerAlert suits me.
Reading glasses getting thicker as is my waist
Retired but want to go back to work for a rest.
Duddy
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further to my previous comment about having to pay for updated maps & program with CP8 Live, Alk now allow you to update free of charge if you purchased the program on-line.

Go to CoPilot 8 download/ update
Reading glasses getting thicker as is my waist
Retired but want to go back to work for a rest.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, our CamerAlert app is now free and comes with a one time free update bundled in. Worth giving that a try?

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.pocketgpsworld.cameralert
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In answer to question 5 I use Sygic GPS on my HTC Sensation for UK & Europe and it is very good. It will do all the things you say Copilot will not and some more. I say "you say" because I use Copilot on my Android HTC Sensation when I am in the USA and have few of of the problems you have, so I suspect it is down to the settings your friend is using.

I run CamerAlert in the background and Sygic in the foreground. Sygic is set up to give visual warnings (but no sound) of cameras, whilst CamerAlert gives the sound warnings. I have found this to be an ideal combination.
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: