Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - REVIEW COMMENTS: Medion Review
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

REVIEW COMMENTS: Medion Review
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yani
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Darren, I recently bought a medion MDPPC250 from halfords.Think the sat nav side is great,although would like to know where if possible to download european maps as I will be driving over to spain.and also update uk maps as some towns seem a bit out of date,any info would be gratefully appreciated.thanx
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.medion.co.uk, they sell add-on country map packs suitable for your software.
nazimyounis
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Just wanted to know if you could Install TOMTOM 3 on the Medion PDA?

Regards

Nazim
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes certainly.
nazimyounis
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks
ramtec
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: md40600 / mdppc 200 Reply with quote

Just got this pda and even though the box is telling me it's a 400Mhz processor it only seems to have 200Mhz!!!

I have tried a couple of progs BETAPLAYER REPORTS

OS Version 4.20
OEM Info MEDION MDPPC200
Processor ARM Intel PXA25x/26x
Clock speed 200 Mhz.......

and BMQ a spped tester is giving a very low score compared to my pocket loox which is reporting 400Mhz under betaplayer

HELP
andyscd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: MEDION 40600 Reply with quote

:D i am a taxi driver in lancashire, i had a bit of spare cash so i bought the medion 40600 GPS package about 18 months ago from aldi. lets cut to the chase... if you need to get from A to B, in my opinion there is no better navigation software than "medion navigator". i have tried them all !!, Tom Tom, destinator, navigon, route 66, navman, but i always go back to the "medion navigator".
so the medion doesnt have a 3D map.. so what!!... so it can't get you to your nearest Mc Donalds... so what!!!.
it may not have all the bells & whistles of some of its rivals ie: points of interest, speed limit warnings, but how many museaums, art gallaries are you going to visit??? & constantly being told "you are exceeding this roads speed limit" will you off very quickly.
what it does have to offer is :- 1. ease of use, even for the novice.
2. reliable routing & re-routing. 3. very detailed maps & clear voice commands, 3. the most updated maps that i have come across.
this review comes from 1st hand experiance.
cheers... Andy :D
Acheron
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Wonder if anyone can help... I bought the Medion Smartphone MDSP150 from Halfords and I'm beginning to wonder if I've bought a turkey because I can't find any information about this product on the web, nor any way to get up-to-date maps (I'm surprised that an address that's 20 years + old is not found on its search).

I tried the medion website, but it was rubbish and so was their support line.

Any ideas? Any help?

A.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The software is a re-badge of Navigon's and is relatively new. You won't be able to buy updated maps though as most manufacturers deliver these as part fo program upgrades.

In the case of Medion this is budget software and they have yet to release an update for any of their GPS products yet Sad
Acheron
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick answer....

It's a shame the navigation software is so awful... it's a lovely phone otherwise.

A.
g3wji
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: MEDION 40600 Reply with quote

andyscd wrote:

what it does have to offer is :- 1. ease of use, even for the novice.
2. reliable routing & re-routing. 3. very detailed maps & clear voice commands, 3. the most updated maps that i have come across.
this review comes from 1st hand experiance.
cheers... Andy :D

Better resist the temptation to upgrade to V4 then. While you get 3D and a slicker user interface you have to put up with maps that are older than the V3 stuff and some of the mapping is clearly broken. For example, parts of the A130 are missing and while driving along the Southend Arterial Road you are continuously told to turn left though there are no turns in sight.

Oh - I nearly forgot, you'll have to give up most of your SD card too.

Peter
FrenchLeave
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: Medion Pocket PC navigator review Reply with quote

I've had the version that Darren reported on for a couple of years now, generally it's an excellent piece of kit although it does occasionally require a soft reset before it will accept any navigation input. I complement Darren on his excellent report but there are a couple of minor discrepancies:
1. When viewing the map, the schematic view of the next turnoff or roundabout is instantly available just by tapping the screen - I use my knuckle. Another tap returns it to map view.
2. Scaling is done automatically proportional to speed, this is a sensible design feature as it gives lots of detail when travelling slowly and no information overload when pressing on.
Incidentally, I'm sure that the female voice is that of the delectable Fran Godfrey!
Xstyle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Recommendation? Reply with quote

I am being offered the Medion MDPNA100 for £160, brand new and boxed, with all accessories. Is it worth getting????

I have no use for the PDA, but I the satnav will always be handy!

Is this the best one to go for, CONSIDERING the price???
Or are there similar or marginally more expensive priced products that will be better?
Question

Look forward to hearing from you all.

Thanks,
Xstyle
Phranque
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Medion GPS Reply with quote

Hello Xstyle,

I have no idea which model number it is but there is a GPS unit by Medion on sale at Aldi tomorrow (21st May) at £149.99. Unfortunately the specification list in the Aldi handout is far from complete so it's hard to jusdge what the thing can do.

FWIW !!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: