Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Can I do this....and if so, how ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Can I do this....and if so, how ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Can I do this....and if so, how ? Reply with quote

I would like to pose a question to you experts out there !
I have Satmap maps of North Yorkshire and the Cleveland Way.
My question is, is it possible, (and easy) for me to overlay The Cleveland Way trail onto the North Yorks Map ? (I'm not looking to 'consolidate' both seperately onto one card)....just one map, N Yorks with the trail shown as well
Thanks.
rkm_hm
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Can I do this....and if so, how ? Reply with quote

FrequentFlyer wrote:
I would like to pose a question to you experts out there !
I have Satmap maps of North Yorkshire and the Cleveland Way.
My question is, is it possible, (and easy) for me to overlay The Cleveland Way trail onto the North Yorks Map ? (I'm not looking to 'consolidate' both seperately onto one card)....just one map, N Yorks with the trail shown as well
Thanks.

In what form do you want it to be shown? As far as I can see by looking at the map via the Walkhighlands Route Planner, the Cleveland Way is clearly marked (with green diamonds) on the 1:25k OS map of the area - so isn't it already shown on your North Yorks map?

If not, would you settle for it being shown as a route? You could use one of the on-line route planners (Walkhighlands etc. - anyone tried SatMap's latest offering yet?) to create a route, download it to your computer, and upload it to the SatMap.

Would that do the trick, or am I missing something?

Satmap Active 10+ v1.50 with full UK 1:50k map and 1:25k/1:10k County maps of Hampshire & Warwickshire
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:29 am    Post subject: ? Reply with quote

Thanks...yes, it's the trail I want to show, so when I power up I can just follow it. I just thought I may be able to overlay the Satmap Cleveland Trail over the top somehow.
rkm_hm
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: ? Reply with quote

FrequentFlyer wrote:
Thanks...yes, it's the trail I want to show, so when I power up I can just follow it. I just thought I may be able to overlay the Satmap Cleveland Trail over the top somehow.

You've lost me a bit!
A Trail is a record of where you actually walked with the Trip Log turned on - shown as a succession of little red dots. There is a menu option to convert this into a Track - which is effectively a Route which you can follow on subsequent occasions.
If you create a trail/track when using one particular SD-based map, that track will still be there when you change maps, provided:
a) you saved it in internal memory and not on the SD card
b) the map areas overlap so that the part containing the track is common to both

Does that help?

Satmap Active 10+ v1.50 with full UK 1:50k map and 1:25k/1:10k County maps of Hampshire & Warwickshire
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: ? Reply with quote

I'm not too good at explaining !! Let me give you another example.
The Satmap Coast to Coast is split into 12 sections...eg A. is St Bees to Enerdale, B. is Ennerdale Bridge to Rosthwaite etc.
Each route is identifed by Green Dots (which is what happens when you convert your Trail to Track normally,) allowing you to just follow the Satmap track displayed each day.
How can I transfer these tracks from the C2C onto my Lake District map ?
LostMike
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi FrequentFlyer.

I don't have any walk maps so forgive me if I have misunderstood, but if you save a track or route to the A10 (not the SD card) then provided you activate it from the routes menu then it should show up on any map you have on the SD card.

If the route you are referring to comes on the walk SD card look at the card with via the routes menu and see if you can find the appropriate file to transfer to the A10.

Did that help or have I misunderstood?
Satsync 1.525
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:26 pm    Post subject: ! Reply with quote

Thanks...that's exactly it and it worked...stupid of me not to think of that in the first place....(And A Happy Christmas !)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: