Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - files not found
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

files not found
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoyP
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: files not found Reply with quote

I downloaded your latest database, and saved the zipped file in my usual folder, but when I extracted them and then tried to add them to my Tom Tom 820, with the first one I got the message "file not found". My previous ones went on fine, with exactly the same file extensions, etc (.ov2 files) but they are very old and I wanted to update.

What has gone wrong?
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "file not found" message, was that on your computer or on your TT?

In either case, I'd suggest a new download, new un-zip and a new transfer.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
JoyP
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "file not found" message was on the computer. And I had already done what you suggested - a new download and a new unzip. Didn't work, I got exactly the same result.

I think the files are not downloading completely, as the size of the zipped folder is a lot smaller than the one of my previous dowload about 3 years ago. But how do I put that right?
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll need to tell us a bit more. Like which file are you downloading?
JoyP
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the latest zipped folder was called: pgpsw-speed-cams-rY5HZ. When I opened it and tried to open the individual .ov files within it I got the message that Windows cannot open these files. And when I tried to transfer them to my Tom Tom I got the message "file not found".

I am running Windows 7. My Tom Tom is a Go Live 820. I had a lot of trouble downloading the software but I think I have it now.

Help! I need the new speed cams. The old ones are hopelessly out of date!
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoyP wrote:
the latest zipped folder was called: pgpsw-speed-cams-rY5HZ. When I opened it and tried to open the individual .ov files within it I got the message that Windows cannot open these files.

You're not supposed to try and open the .ov2 files. These are data files. You unzip the download and leave the files contained within intact. Then copy them across to your TomTom.
JoyP
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done it! Thanks. One question: I've only updated the .ov files - do the other, picture files automatically get updated? And will all my old warnings disappear? I'm a bit of a novice, don't quite understand how it works.

Will now try it out on the road... Smile
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're just updating a previous install, then you need only copy across the .ov2 data files. They contain the changed data.

The .bmp icon files have not changed and so don't need updating and you;'re warnings will be retained.
JoyP
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to work fine, but I have a feeling that some cameras are not recorded and some old ones,which have been removed since I last installed your speedcams on my previous satnav, are still there.

I will have to double check on my usual route to work again tomorrow, which takes me along a dual carriageway with a 50 mph speed limit, with about 4 cameras. There used to be a few more, and I think I am still being warned about those! If so, how can they be removed from my Tom Tom?
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think, MaFt, the database Admin will be able to check the history of your downloads. It's possible that, if you've changed the type of download e.g. consolidated to speed zoned, that the old files are still there. Also, very occasionally a "odd" camera file, e.g. Mobile@14, gets released by accident. As, unfortunately, these never get overwritten, they need to be removed by hand.

If there's confusion, as in your case, I think the normal suggestion is to remove all the pocketgps files and then re-install. I would have guessed that there's an explanation of this somewhere, but I can't find it in the FAQs. Anyone?

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it also possible that the OP has the TT offering installed as well as ours?
JoyP
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, as I have Tom Tom Live, I have the TT camera warnings as well - but these should coincide with the Pocket GPS ones! Although the TT warnings annoy me, and I have selected the least intrusive sound I can find. I may turn them off altogether, but I'm not sure about that

I will try to verify the cameras that I know tomorrow, and may as you suggested, delete all from the device and then reinstall, now that I am able to do that!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoyP wrote:
Yes, as I have Tom Tom Live, I have the TT camera warnings as well - but these should coincide with the Pocket GPS ones!

You wish! Laughing

I sometimes turn the TomTom-supplied camera warnings back on, just to remind myself how bad they are!

They still miss quite a few fixed cameras, and the mobiles are non-existent.
But the most annoying bit is temporary 50mph SPECS systems for roadworks on motorways. There are several of these I pass regularly that were completed months ago, but which the TT is still warning for, and as the unit bleeps continuously if you're going faster than it thinks you should be it can drive you mad for miles and miles!

JoyP wrote:
Although the TT warnings annoy me, and I have selected the least intrusive sound I can find. I may turn them off altogether, but I'm not sure about that

Easy to do (and undo).
Depending on model its on the Main menu / Live Services / Speed cameras / Disable alerts or Main menu / Live Services / Safety alertss / Disable alerts.

JoyP wrote:
I will try to verify the cameras that I know tomorrow, and may as you suggested, delete all from the device and then reinstall, now that I am able to do that!

That's probably the quickest way... and you might as well reinstall all the icons and sound files too, just to make sure you have the full set (there have been one or two additions recently, such as the 20mph mobile category)
JoyP
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did delete all the files and reinstalled, but was warned by the pocket GPS system (and no TomTom warning) about two cameras which are not there - one on each route to and from my office, and not in the same location!

So it looks as if, for once, TomTom is up to date and PocketGPS is not. These two cameras used to be there about three years ago, but were removed.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect these were possibly mobile camera sites. They will always warn, but the mobiles will rarely actually be there. Can you give details of the location of the cams so that we can confirm/deny this explanation.
If they were fixed cams, submit a removal for them, and if you are the first to submit them you may get a lifetime subscription when they are verified as gone.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: