Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 2390 Photo Live coverage in Scotland
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

2390 Photo Live coverage in Scotland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
plodsie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:19 am    Post subject: 2390 Photo Live coverage in Scotland Reply with quote

Hi,
I bought a 2390 last week on the strength of the voice control and the Photo Live service. All I have recieved so far when trying to add photo live cameras though is a notice saying "No Results found" or "No cameras found". This is when there is an excellent signal from the Live server and everything has been activated and registered online. I am beginning to feel that the Glasgow area isn't covered by P.L. and it may well be a pointless purchase.

Will have to wait until Monday to call Garmin and see what the story is, but can anyone confirm that they have had P.L. images from Scottish roads?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad news, PhotoLive is available in England only.

See http://www.garmin.com/uk/extras-nulink/
plodsie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Darren. This is actually the first time I have saw that it is only England in any of Garmin's adverts. They should really make it more obvious.

But what is more galling is that Garmin has ignored significant parts of the UK in photolive. Very disappointing.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plodsie wrote:
Cheers Darren. This is actually the first time I have saw that it is only England in any of Garmin's adverts. They should really make it more obvious.

Even though I knew it was only England, I had the devils own job finding it written in black and white.
Quote:
But what is more galling is that Garmin has ignored significant parts of the UK in photolive. Very disappointing.

I suspect that this may be due to the data only being made available by the Highways Agency in England. Scotland and Wales have their own agencies and they am not offer the data for ue in this way?

Still, it seems to be rather pointless given the limited coverage in England and the complete lack of coverage elsewhere in the UK.
tweetiepooh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me thinks (or hopes as I collect my 2390 tonight) that the Garmin Traffic service will improve as more units sell leads to more data collected. Hopefully it will match the TomTom at some point not too far off. This will be true for the 3D traffic and the camera views. More people spreading the cost brings the price down for the camera data, more people with units gives better 3D traffic info.
plodsie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A wee update on this, I discovered that Traffic Scotland cameras are now available on Photo Live just yesterday morning. Happy Days!
Very Happy
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Wales....?

Or don't we need a Traffic Agency
Nexus 6p, Apple iPhone 6sPlus and Microsoft Lumia 950xl running TomTom, Garmin, CoPilot, Navigon, Sygic, Here Drive, Google, Waze, MS Maps

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: