Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - XL LIVE IQ Junction Zoom gone !
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

XL LIVE IQ Junction Zoom gone !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mevans08
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:23 pm    Post subject: XL LIVE IQ Junction Zoom gone ! Reply with quote

Looks like I made fatal mistake buying the XL LIVE IQ - its deadly slow and nowhere near as user friendly as my trusty 520 ! Now Its stopped auto zooming in on junctions and I cant find how to reactivate this feaure. Any help much appreciated - thanks. Mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zooming on an XL LIVE IQ is a bit weird.
It should always be ON for the £D driving view and OFF for the 2D view, and there is no way to override it.

Does that explain what you're seeing?

If not, have you tried the usual things?

i.e. - in this order (trying it out in-between each)
1. Do a reset - hold the power button for 20 secs until you hear the drumroll
2. Delete the Mapsettings.cfg file from your map folder (You'll lose personal settings like favourites and Home location - so backup the MapSettings.cfg file to your PC first. The XL will re-boot and create a fresh one, but you can replace it with the old one again if it doesn't help.
3. Do a 'return to factory settings' - from the Preferences menu (much the same as #2 really, but worth doing #2 first)
3. Restore a back-up (hopefully you DID make a backup sometime in the past didn't you?)

Any or all of those may help the slowness too, but the main cause of that is having too many POIs set to show on the map and driving view.
Try turning them all off and see if that makes a big difference and then switch back on only the ones you REALLY need.

And going back to point #4 again. It's essential to keep backups of everything on the TomTom. Even if you have one already, it is a very good idea to make another one before you do any tinkering like this.. Use Windows Explorer or the Mac's Finder to copy and paste everything from the TomTom to a frsh folder on your computer. Just ask if you need more help with this. Don't use TomTom Home to make these backups.
GETTING-YOU-THERE
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject: Backing up a TT Reply with quote

Hi, I'll take you up on your offer.
How do I make a Backup onto my Laptop's external Memory, of the TT XL Live IQ Routes Edition TT please? Pete.
mevans08
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject: worked like a dream Reply with quote

Thanks so much - not sure which of your suggestions did the trick but zoom has returned ! all other advice much appreciated and will be followed. Cheers.Mike.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Backing up a TT Reply with quote

GETTING-YOU-THERE wrote:
Hi, I'll take you up on your offer.
How do I make a Backup onto my Laptop's external Memory, of the TT XL Live IQ Routes Edition TT please? Pete.

Here you go...
There must be some details here too, but the quickest link I had was to one I wrote on another forum.

**vital!** The Easy Way To Make Or Restore A Full Backup! (and View The Contents Of Your Tomtom)

This process works for all ONE and XL models and Go models upto and including the Go550/750/950 range.

Newer models such as the VIA range and the Go1000/1005 cannot be backed up at all yet, unfortunately.
GETTING-YOU-THERE
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks....Done....Pete.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: