Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tomtom Live 825 - How to load POIs and Camera Database?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomtom Live 825 - How to load POIs and Camera Database?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sraffe8283
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Tomtom Live 825 - How to load POIs and Camera Database? Reply with quote

I have just updated my Tomtom from a Live 540 to a Live 825. As this is not compatible with Tomtom Home how do I load my speed camera database.

Please advise.

sraffe8283
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 825 uses the new "MyTomTom" interface to the PC, rather than the old "Home" utility.

So first, you need to download MyTomTom from the TT website here:
https://tomtom.com/en_gb/mytomtom/getstarted/

Once it's installed and running, you then need to click on the icon in the PC's system tray (next to the clock) and select "Add community content"

From there, you will get a browser screen (yes, it uses your web browser...) that looks something like this:

Click on the "Add POI" box and you can add all the .ov2 camera data files AND the .bmp icons AND the .ogg warning voices, just the same as we used to do in the old way, as well as any other POI files you had. (From the picture, you can see I've already done it).

It's not immediately obvious on the file selection window, but you can click and drag (or hold the 'Ctrl' key down and click) to select multiple files for uploading at the same time; but apparently this sometimes won't work if you use Internet explorer as your browser. It works fine in Firefox, Opera etc.

If you wanted to remove the POI files that can only be done one by one, but when you do your weekly updates of the camera database, there's no need to do that.
Simply select all the new .ov2 files and upload those to the TomTom (there's no need to do the icons and sound files again). The new files will overwrite the old ones just like we are used to in the old method.

Incidentally, if you still have the Go540, you might be interested in TomTom's Content Transfer Assistant, a little-known tool that an help you move all your POIs, Favourites, Home location etc. from the old machine to the new one.

Last edited by Andy_P on Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:18 am; edited 2 times in total
sraffe8283
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:29 pm    Post subject: TomTom Live 825 Reply with quote

Many thanks for your reply and excellent information on how to download POI's, speed camera database etc.

I syill have my 540 so will have a go at using the transfer tool which I knew nothing about but have now found on the Tomtom site.

Once again many thanks,

Steve

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: