Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Inforad database ???
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Inforad database ???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nathkrul
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Inforad database ??? Reply with quote

Just recieved my inforad k2, uploaded new database onto it and went to newcastle and back to sunderland.

Must admit ime disapointed with the database on this.

Passed a redlight camera thats been there for at least 3 years and it didnt pick it up, passed 3 spots that mobile cameras are including a spot where I got caught about 5 years ago nothing, it also picked up a non-existant camera where I have never seen a camera at all on the felling bypass.

My question is, how often is the database updated with genuine camera spots?? as this inforad uses the pocketgps database.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd need to direct that enquiry at InfoRad. We supply the data to them but how they use it and how they integrate it with their database is a question for them.

Getting caught 5 years ago doesn't mean that's an active site though but you can check our submission map and see if our data is current.
nathkrul
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Darren, the mobile sites are active a lot, more so the one at concord washington and ferryboat lane, which didnt even register on it.

I bought it mainly because it uses the pocketgps info. Just seems pointless having it if you have to use your eyes all the time rather than relying on the inforad to help you.

But I will get in contact with inforad about it as if they have no answer they can have it back as the free app for my nokia is better than it.

Thanks for the reply Darren much appreciated Smile
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathkrul wrote:
I bought it mainly because it uses the pocketgps info. Just seems pointless having it if you have to use your eyes all the time rather than relying on the inforad to help you.

Fully agree, but it's not something we have any control over. They have access to our full data but how they choose to implement it, and how they manage their own data, is a decision for them alone.
Quote:
But I will get in contact with inforad about it as if they have no answer they can have it back as the free app for my nokia is better than it.

Thanks for the reply Darren much appreciated Smile

Sorry I can't help more.
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been using a K1 for over 2 years now. I update nearly every week.

Over that time I have only come across 5 or 6 missing cameras, so I must be very lucky on the routes I use. I regularly forget to turn it off, but it has always recharged okay and is still good for over 2 hours use on its own battery.

Do note that its directional as well, so only cams in direction of travel give warnings. But it does give warnings for some cams in both directions, presume that they are not marked in their data base properly.
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could they be the ones that swivel ?
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
nathkrul
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, yesterday while out travelling down the a19, heading south across from nissan it began to chirp letting me know a camera was ahead.

Thing is theres never been a camera at that spot, even my niece who drives that way commented on it getting it wrong, plus ive driven past there for many years as I live only 2 mile away.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So as Darren suggested above... can you check our submission map and see if the incorrect camera is on OUR database?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: