Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Can not get Average Speed Camera Display in CoPilot App
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Can not get Average Speed Camera Display in CoPilot App

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vidman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:08 pm    Post subject: Can not get Average Speed Camera Display in CoPilot App Reply with quote

OK, have been trying to set up the latest version of CoPilot App to run with the PGPS APP on my newly acquired HTC One X.

As mentioned in other posts I am new to Android so do need to keep asking this excellent forum for help to get things working as I had hoped.

Have set up the PGPS App to also run the CoPilot App and that seems to work providing I have a GPS signal.

Have also loaded the OV2 DB into the CoPilot EU-Save directory on the phone as directed by AliOnHols helpful instructions, I was able to simply bulk copy the DB into then CoPilot directory rather than the 2 by 2 method Ali suggests. When firing up CoPilot it recognises the DB and icons and voice alerts are provided.

I do have one issue which I can not resolve. When running the PGPS App which then fires up CoPilot correctly and approaching an Average Speed Camera location I get the App voice and banner warning on the CoPilot screen but it then clears after a few seconds and there is no app display of actual and average speed on the screen. The app does issue repeat warnings as you drive through the Average Speed area. If I manually switch to the App display – no map – I do get the 2 speed indicators on the screen – Actual and Average.

Does anyone know if this is a simple setting I have wrong – I have tried many – or is it a feature

I am finding the CoPilot App a good Sat Nav but I am trying to reduce the number of bits of kit I have to carry in the car and having a TomTom 25 with PGPS DB which is very good and does everything I want from a Sat Nav and PGPS and also carrying my first Smart Phone which I had hoped would replace the TT is a bit of a duplication.

If it is not possible to show the Average Speed displays on CoPilot does any one using the TomTom app and PGPS app confirm that TT will display the 2 speed displays correctly on their phone
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The average speed is a feature of CamerAlert and not CoPilot. So it will only show up in CamerAlert. If you have the overspeed warnings turned on in CamerAlert then you will get the alert whenever your average speed or your current speed is over the limit.

MaFt
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To see the CA average speed readout, you will have to pop it up in front of your other app
vidman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick feedback, I am slowly beginning to understand how these apps hang together - I think.

Re popping up the CA app in front of CoPilot, I am not sure what you mean, if I am running both with Copilot mapping showing I do not get the speed readout but if I manually put the CA app on the screen then I do not get any maps but do get the 2 speed displays - is this correct

Lastly??? - Re. the average spped warnings - when using my TomTom25 with the PGPS DB I do get the current and average speed warmings on the screen. Is this a function of the TomTom or PGPS, and would using the TomTom app with the PGPS DB and the CA app also give both the speed displays on the phone or would I have the same issue as with the CoPilot app.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vidman wrote:
Re popping up the CA app in front of CoPilot, I am not sure what you mean, if I am running both with Copilot mapping showing I do not get the speed readout but if I manually put the CA app on the screen then I do not get any maps but do get the 2 speed displays - is this correct
Yes. The CA app does not integrate with your nav app. The way you have it, it is running in the background. The speed readout etc. that you are getting on your nav app are from that app, not CA. The popup warnings that you get ARE from CA
Quote:
Re. the average spped warnings - when using my TomTom25 with the PGPS DB I do get the current and average speed warmings on the screen. Is this a function of the TomTom or PGPS,
TT
Quote:
and would using the TomTom app with the PGPS DB
If you can get the PGPSW database on your TT 25, then you arguably don't need CA. But can you get the db on your TT25?
Quote:
and the CA app also give both the speed displays on the phone
Only when it is running in the foreground. You can display maps in CA, but there is no routing facility, and it downloads them on the fly so will cost your data allowance,
Quote:
or would I have the same issue as with the CoPilot app.
Don't understand the question. What issue?
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vidman wrote:
..........and would using the TomTom app with the PGPS DB and the CA app also give both the speed displays on the phone or would I have the same issue as with the CoPilot app.

You would have the same issue.

The TT Android app does not give you an average speed readout within a Specs zone. (it might if you subscribe to TT's own speedcam's, but I wouldn't know about that).

Although it is possible to import the PgpsW camera database into both TT and CoPilot apps, the camera locations shall only show on the map as you are driving near them. Adding the camera db does not add extra functions to the navigation app.

When in a Specs zone and if you are worried that you may creep over the limit it may be prudent to bring the CamerAlert app out of the background and have it as the main app in the foreground so that the speeds are always visible. Most Specs zones are on motorways or on A roads and you shall probably not be turning off within the Average speed zone so its possible you could dispense with the Nav app for a short while?
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
vidman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, think I understand now, guess I was expecting to much functionality from Android Apps.

Ali your suggestion seems the best way to use the combination of Apps, i will see if I can live with that or just go back to the TT25.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: