Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Warning banner
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Warning banner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Warning banner Reply with quote

Now that I have got my new and more powerful phone (HTC Sensation) I am using CameraAlert running in the background, usually with Sygic. When I get a warning of a camera a red warning banner pops up for a second or two on the bottom of the screen on top of Sygic. Is there any way please of having an option to leave that banner there longer, preferably until I have passed the camera?

Alternatively has any further thought been given to the suggestion I made a few months ago to have an option to enable CamerAlert, complete with Google map, to pop up over whatever app you are running when there is a camera alert.
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Warning banner Reply with quote

peterc10 wrote:
Is there any way please of having an option to leave that banner there longer, preferably until I have passed the camera?

Unfortunately we are limited to either a 'short' (1sec) or 'long' (2secs) pop up (known as a 'toast' in the android SDK).

peterc10 wrote:
...to have an option to enable CamerAlert, complete with Google map, to pop up over whatever app you are running when there is a camera alert.

Not sure if this is technically possible. Lutz would need to take a look. What would happen though if you then had a complex junction to navigate at the same time as the alert took to the foreground? What do you prefer, navigation directions or knowing a camera location?

MaFt
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Warning banner Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:

What would happen though if you then had a complex junction to navigate at the same time as the alert took to the foreground? What do you prefer, navigation directions or knowing a camera location?

MaFt

Hence my point about making it an option. It is for the (many) times when I have the sat nav app on without a route set, or alternatively I am using another app altogether, for example my music player.
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: