Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - No GPS fix on HTC Desire HD running android 2.3.3 :-(
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

No GPS fix on HTC Desire HD running android 2.3.3 :-(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garyf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: No GPS fix on HTC Desire HD running android 2.3.3 :-( Reply with quote

Just installed Cameralert v1.3.0.468 on my HTC Desire HD, and it doesn't look like the app is event trying to use GPS. After upwards of 10mins in the open air, the map does not zoom to my location, and I do not see the satellite dish icon in the status bar of the phone. Crying or Very sad

Google Maps, and Latitide applications are using GPS fine.

Any ideas? Crying or Very sad
Gmt_Plus1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always toggle GPS "on" before using cameralert. Although I'm sure I have seen a pop up appear in cameralert asking if I want to turn GPS on when I have forgotten to do so.

There are no maps with cameralert, it overlays on the Google MAps, so if they are working fine for you, you should be good to go.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the settings / advanced settings you could try the alternate start up methods.

also, have you driven anywhere? it's designed to be used when moving and may not 'move' to your location until it detects you are in motion.

MaFt
garyf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! The alternate startup setting worked, along with a full reboot just for good measure. Positioning os now working fine.

I use the camera list, and just GPS (no data conn), although my short trip from M1 J25 to J26 reported average speed zone of 50, when I believe that these are now variable gatso's, and the average speed warnings continued all the way home.
garyf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! The alternate startup setting worked, along with a full reboot just for good measure. Positioning now working fine.

I use the camera list, and just GPS (no data conn), although my short trip from M1 J25 to J26 reported average speed zone of 50, when I believe that these are now variable gatso's, and the average speed warnings continued all the way home.
garyf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scratch that Confused .... I think my database update must have failed. I now have v9.074, and all looks fine today.
garyf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scratch that Confused .... I think my database update must have failed. I now have v9.074, and all looks fine today.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: