Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Setting up GPS Assist
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Setting up GPS Assist

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Setting up GPS Assist Reply with quote

Can someone help me get GPS Assist configured - I am having trouble accessing sound notifications.
When setting up speed alerts it was easy. I selected Windows from the drop down menu and had plenty of sounds to choose from, and could play them until I found something I liked.
For POI alerts it doesn't seem to work the same way. When I open POI Detector first get an error message, but if I click OK I can move to the Warnings tab. I can choose the angle, distance etc, but when I look for a suitable sound by clicking ... I bring up another page with a load of programs in a drop down menu, but can't produce a sound file from any of them. Also, when I leave POI Detector I lose the settings.
My ov2 files are on the same SD card as TomTom maps (TTN3)
I'd welcome a helping hand. The PDF manual seems silent on this, and if I carry on this way I will have used up all 40 evaluation starts before getting on the road!
Robin
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea is that you select a POI file in the first tab, then move to the second tab, then the third. In the second tab, the dialog should be headed with the file you're configuring and its icon.

The dialog for selecting WAV files only appears to allow you to select files in \My Documents, though it looks like you can type in path names. I'm not sure anyone has tried playing WAV files from a storage card.

Once you've pressed OK the settings should persist - they do for me, anyway, though my settings files largely date back to a pre-release beta, and I'm running a later beta version than the current public release.

David
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks David, that was helpful. I used Explore in Active Sync to make a copy of the wave files from the Windows folder and pasted them into My Documents on the SD card, and they are now available on the drop down menu.
Can I pick your brains on one other matter. When in POI Detector settings I see 2 ov2 files in my map directory, the Pocket GPS file and checkpoint. Following your method I am able to configure the Pocket GPS file, but when I select the Checkpoint one I get the error message. Clicking OK I can then set it up in the same way, but the settings are not retained when I click OK.
I wanted a folder other than the Pocket GPS to record new POIs, because otherwise all my own POIs will be lost when I replace that file with the next one to come out. I thought I would copy the Pocket GPS one and rename it. I can see the new one, but when I try to configure it, I get the same error message as for checkpoint.ov2 How can I set up an empty ov2 file so that I can record POIs?
Robin

BTW, I am probably using the same beta version as you. I tried to install the publicly released one and it wouldn't start. Jo emailed the latest beta to me but the same. It was only after a hard reset that I was able to get GPS Assist to work This was with an iPAQ 2210 - someone else had the same experience recently.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blank .ov2 file - I believe that functionality is going to be added in a future version.

As for your POI detection settings not persisting - I'm a bit stumped. Is the POI file name highlighted in the first tab when you fill in the other tab or two?

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: