Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Details on PGPS POIs
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Details on PGPS POIs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frenchdicky
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Details on PGPS POIs Reply with quote

I have recently submitted a few new and amended poi's and included as much information as I thought useful,probably too much in some instances.
Included were 2 new Tennis clubs in Eastbourne, one very established (245591) and one relatively new.(245590)
I have now downloaded the files and notice that most of the information I submitted has been removed.Well that's ok by me , but they both only state the town Eastbourne and street/area with no mention of the respective club name which I would have thought was essential,
Is this the policy for clubs in general , because if so, I feel omitting the club name is potentially confusing.
In the 2 examples above , I expect many people will be going to Devonshire Park ltc next week but woul not know that it was in College road.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Details on PGPS POIs Reply with quote

frenchdicky wrote:
I have now downloaded the files and notice that most of the information I submitted has been removed.
I have to bear in mind that different satnavs have different methods of presenting the POI information. TomToms will only show the info in the Title field. I believe Garmins, and probably others can make use of the Details field. I have to compress the data, and try to make it still legible/usable.

In the case of the 2 POIs you mentioned I have amended the shown information. I'm away from home at the moment and was using a very flaky internet connection. A weak excuse I know, but it was frustrating at times. Embarassed I didn't appreciate that "Tennis in the Park" was a Community Tennis Club.

The comments field is used to help me check the location and, if necessary, determine if the right category/info is being used.

Edit: Could I ask that you restrict the use of All Capitals, as I then have to edit ALL the text. This applies to quite a few submitters, who I hope might be reading this, and is not directed specifically at you. Smile

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
frenchdicky
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldboy ,Thanks for the quick reply.
I didn't appreciate the requirements for different units, it must be a nightmare for you.
Sorry about the capitals, I should have known better, but a reminder in the instructions might help my failing memory in future.
I will try harder, but don't bank on it.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs Up

I've done some 20 POIs this evening, and it's taken me nearly 2 hours! 8 of them took just over an hour. I'm nearly brain dead.

Now might be a good time to point all users to a Thread from a couple of years ago.

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=69543

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: