Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT Model class?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT Model class?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldie67
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: TT Model class? Reply with quote

I have a TT Live IQ Routes Europe. However, when looking at, for example, the list of TT models in the camera database, that specific model isn't listed. I assume it falls under "One Live", but does it?

Similarly, I'm looking for a mount to replace the Easyport mount. This holds the TT OK until I try to adjust the position slightly - the TT then flies off and across the car!

I'll probably get an Arkon TTEP115, though it's difficult to know if this is the right model:

http://www.arkon.com/manuals/TTEP115.pdf

Many TT models are quoted, but are any equivalent to mine?

Is there only one size of Easyport mount? And does anyone have experience of this mount? It has mixed reviews on Amazon (US):

http://www.amazon.com/ARKON-TTEP115-TomTom-EasyPort-Windshield/dp/B001H4B0AC
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is only one speed camera download data type (ov2) for all the TomTom product range, the "One Live" is probably the nearest match to your hardware in terms of an installation/ configuration guide.

All the Easy Port mounts are the same, from what I have experianced they do tend to release the device when you try to adjust the angle the device is sat at - Mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know TomTom model names are really bad/confusing sometimes, but there isn't actually a model called the "TT Live IQ Routes Europe" which won't help your search for a replacement mount!

Is it an "XL Live IQ Routes Edition Europe"?

There's a product finder on the TT website here, where you can enter the first two characters of your serial number, if you need confirmation. Smile
oldie67
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike - I'm hoping the Arkon will hold it a bit more securely. So anything which states it is suitable for the TT One or TT Live should be OK?

Andy - I used the TT model finder, and it told me that my unit is : XL LIVE IQ Routes - 2GB; that's using copy and paste. It also says on the base of the unit "XL LIVE". SO I forgot the XL, but there's no mention of the word "Edition".

As you say, very confusing.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, we can call it an XL Live IQ for short.

The whole text I gave is what is written on the box it comes in... sometimes with TomTom that's the easiest way!

For example they di a model called the "One XL" and a completely different one called the "XL" (And now there's the "XL with a TINY "2" after it - which is radically different).

Back to the point.... you can certainly use the "ov2" version of the Speed Cam database on your XL Live IQ, and if you use that description in your search for mounts, you shouldn't go far wrong.... the mount companies must be well used to handling the confusion! Laughing
oldie67
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy.....so I'll look for the 'XL' as the important part, hopefully with 'Live' or 'IQ'.
oldie67
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy - while continuing to search, I came across someone's (yours, I think)post from Jan 2009 about different model numbers:

Quote:
TomTom have made a real hash of the naming conventions for the "One" models and it doesn't help that many big retailers use a completely different set of names!

To sum it up....

These "v's" are the numbers TomTom refer to them by technically (and what Home calls them)...

Unfortunately, UK retailers have started calling the One models by "V" numbers that DON'T match anything that TomTom call them, and TomTom Home calls them something different again.

Here's a list (with thanks to "Oldboy" for filling in my gaps!), in order of date released and using the "v" numbers that TomTom Home uses:

v1 = Original "One" - (UK retailers call these the "V1")
v2 = never released
v3 = the One "New Edition" (now called by TomTom the "Second Edition") (UK retailers call these the "V2")
v4 - The first with GL Hammerhead GPS chipset, flash memory and SD card slot , Bluetooth, but no RDS-TMC connection, but it was very short lived - possibly only available in the US.
v5 = Original One XL
v6 = One Third Edition Europe unit (UK retailers call these the "V3")
v7 = One Third Edition Regional unit (UK retailers call these the "V3")
v8 = One New version with fold away mount. Sometimes called the "30 Series" or "22" model (UK retailers call these the "V4")
v9 = XL New version with fold away mount Sometimes called the "30 Series" or "22" model (note it's no longer called the "One XL", just the "XL")

(v1 to v5 have Bluetooth (for data transmission only, not handsfree), v6 and above have NO Bluetooth an NO SD card slot)

So what you might call a "v2", is called the "New (or "2nd") Edition" by TomTom and is actually a v3!
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The easiest way to be sure is to use the actual model number on the bottom (something like "4N01.002") to work it out.

I've made a list of known hardware model numbers and names, which should help, but as there is no "overall" hardware forum, I've saved it in the "Software_General" section HERE

The hardware list (interesting, but too large to post) includes a reference to my model:

Quote:
TomTom XL IQ Routes Edition - launched April '09 - with "intelligent" routing (the map data knows how conditions change at different times of the day)
XL IQ Routes / 340 - 2GB: 4EM0.001.01
TomTom XL LIVE IQ Routes Edition - only just announced May '09 - as above but with similar LIVE services to the top of the range Go x40 models - so HD Traffic, Google Search, Fuel Prices etc. TTS in some territories only.

Which is quite good, because the list was posted in September, 2007!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldie67 wrote:
Andy - while continuing to search, I came across someone's (yours, I think)post from Jan 2009 about different model numbers:

Yes, that was my list fprp the ONE models, written out of frustration with TomTom re-using the same name over and over, and Halfords and the like making it so hard to workout what exactly you were buying by calling them by the wrong name as well!

oldie67 wrote:
The hardware list (interesting, but too large to post) includes a reference to my model:

Quote:
TomTom XL IQ Routes Edition - launched April '09 - with "intelligent" routing (the map data knows how conditions change at different times of the day)
XL IQ Routes / 340 - 2GB: 4EM0.001.01
TomTom XL LIVE IQ Routes Edition - only just announced May '09 - as above but with similar LIVE services to the top of the range Go x40 models - so HD Traffic, Google Search, Fuel Prices etc. TTS in some territories only.

Which is quite good, because the list was posted in September, 2007!

Ahh, the joys of being a moderator and being able to go back and add to old posts. Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: