Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help for newcomer to Bluetooth audio
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help for newcomer to Bluetooth audio

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alan_dr
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:38 pm    Post subject: Help for newcomer to Bluetooth audio Reply with quote

Hi

Firstly, apologies fro the long post.

I have just bought a VW Golf with factory fitted bluetooth. On my first long journey with the RCD510 CD player on, I kept getting a message on the stereo 'activate bluetooth audio'. Not sure of the implications at this stage I said no. But the message kept coming back on now and again. Then I realised I wasnt getting any sound from either CamerAlert or TT. So next time I said yes to activate bluetooth audio and I heard the sounds from CA & TT through the stereo. Great. However, the music was now not playing. I touched the button for the CD input and I colud hear the music but not now the iphone audio. It seemed to be one or the other. I expected the music to mute when there was audio from the iphone.

So I thought, OK lets have the iphone audio just coming out of the phone. I eventually found the icon in iPod that let me switch from BT audio to the iphone output. Now at least I could hear both albeit the iphone output was not very loud. However, it appears that when the ignition has been turned off and the iphone pairs with the stereo again, the default is to put iphone audio through BT. So I have to fiddle about every time switching back to iphone speaker output.

Can anybody offer any help? Ideally I would like both music and iphone output through the stereo, with music being muted when there is iphone output. Failing that I would be happy to have iphone output always through the phone and not the BT audio.

Hope this all makes sense!
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty certain it's one or the other. Bluetooth Audio is just that, an audio channel, which is unlike handsfree bluetooth where it can cut into other audio.
alan_dr
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Darren - that's what I was afraid of. I just hoped there was some way I could disable the BT audio.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a failing of the technology I'm afraid, not something we have control over.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: