Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - routis issues? anyone experiencing the same thing?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

routis issues? anyone experiencing the same thing?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fondoo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: routis issues? anyone experiencing the same thing? Reply with quote

I've always wanted to purchase a navigation system for my car, but $2,000-$3,000+ was a bit pricey for my taste. I started to look into alternative dashboard mount GPS for my car. the 3" display screen was too small for me to view and color screen cost upto $1000. I then started to looking into GPS software and receivers for portable laptops.
I've heard a lot of great things about Deluo Routis 2004. I decided to give it a shot. After using it for a few month, here is my REVIEW.

Even with 3Ghz CPU and 512MB of RAM loaded on the laptop, the software would stall when I loaded two
large states (New York and Ontario). I don’t understand why we can't load the whole United States maps into the HDD. I've contacted Deluo tech support and I was told to download the cities in different folders, instead of downloading both cities into one folder (c:\deluo routis\Maps) I had to download them into two folders
c:\deluo routis\NYS
c:\deluo routis\Ontario

and rename my destination(Ontario) folder to <Maps> in order for routis to bring me to that location.
c:\deluo routis\NYS
c:\deluo routis\Maps

With Ontario maps loaded, I was totally lost driving from NYS since the NYS maps wasn’t loaded. The only thing that was showing was the main highway 90. At times it indicated I was off road, even when I
staying on the main highway route and GPS indicated I was driving on the other side of the highway. I believe this is cause by not loading the NYS map.

Second, coming back from Ontario. I set my destination address location. NYS address could not be found. I had to change the folders maps once again.

c:\deluo routis\Maps
c:\deluo routis\Ontario

With the NYS maps loaded now, home destination address set, and my car parked on the small shopping plaza in middle of nowhere in Ontario. Routis list was giving me directions but had no idea how to get there since Ontario maps weren’t loaded. Routis indicated I was OFF ROAD with absolutely no streets names but a highway. I had to somehow get myself on the main highways to get back home. Luckily I remembered how to
get back on one of the highways, then it was when the GPS synced with routis and finally gave me driving directions.

Now if I was driving cross country from the united states east coast to the west. How would I use routis? Would I have to load each different state when I get there? Even if I load each different state, it would not know my final destination address. How would it give me driving directions??
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't tested it with Routis 2004 yet but the previous version had issues when map sizes exceeded 70 MB. I'll have to try and recreate your setup.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: