Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Using Tasker to close CamerAlert
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Using Tasker to close CamerAlert

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markjohnson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Using Tasker to close CamerAlert Reply with quote

Hi,

I use Tasker to load CamerAlert when it detects my car's bluetooth and battery is over 50%. This works fine.

However, is there a way to get Tasker to exit the app when I leave the car (or battery goes below 50%) using an exit task?

Kind regards,
Mark
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can Tasker address individual activities/services within an application?
If yes then you will want to kill com.pocketgpsworld.cameralert.locationupdates

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
markjohnson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

To be honest I'm not quite sure what Tasker can and can't do as it is a little complex...

It has a Kill App option which no longer works due to the changes on Android 2.2. However, with a little more reading I've hopefully found a way. By sending CamerAlert to the backgoround by making Tasker ho to the Home screen, the Kill App option seems to work as it can still kill background apps. A quick test worked fine but it will take a while to see if it works reliable in practice.

Kind regards,
Mark
burtonian
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you say, Tasker can no longer kill apps in Android 2.2 because Google disabled the facility in the OS. If you've found a way around it then please update this thread with more details, and if it works for other apps then I'm sure the Tasker forum would love to hear about it too!
http://groups.google.com/group/tasker
CAA_1130221413
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm an EasyProfiles user, so I will tell you what I did to accomplish this behavior.

EasyProfiles can control "car mode" flag, which in the latest CamerAlert version can control the state of the application, namely start CamerAlert when car mode is turned on and close it when it goes off.
shschampion.deleted
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: How to exit CamerAlert using Tasker Reply with quote

Took me a while to figure this out because my Samsung S4 has Lolipop and Tasker's "AutoInput" Easymode is very hard to use on Lollipop because of the way notifications work. Anyway, this works for me.

After installing AutoInput you will have extra features under Plugin/Autoinput

Make a Tasker Task called "Exit CamerAlert" (or something similar) which does the following:

1) LaunchApp "CamerAlert" (to bring the currently running CamerAlert to the fore)

2) Flash "Trying to close CamerAlert" (not really necessary, but you get the idea)

3) Plugin/AutoInput/Action
Type: Id
Value: com.pocketgpsworld.cameralert:id/logo
Action: Click
(click on the logo, because Autoinput won't click on the menu key for me.This brings up the menu)

4) Plugin/AutoInput/Action
Type: Text
Value: Exit
Action: Click
(click on the Exit button)

I don't really understand why the first uses the Id of the button and the second uses the name of the button... but this is what the AutoInput "helper" mode gave me once I figured out how to use it without accessing the weird notifications stuff.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: