Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CamerAlert - Average Speed Not Cancelling?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CamerAlert - Average Speed Not Cancelling?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrfrank
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:

I've looked at the database tonight as I verified the cameras there over two days this week. There appears to be a spare end camera eastbound which may be re-enabling the average warning after it's finished. And it looks as though I may have deleted the end camera westbound in error. I have notified database Admin in a separate Verifier's forum, so these should be put right very soon. Sorry. This is a difficulty that we got maybe a dozen different submissions for those locations and it's hard picking the wood from the trees as I drive by.

mmhhh, but it happens both directins in the same spot.
Also, I definitely saw the warning of the last (third) camera when going eastbound and definetely saw the last (second) warning when going westbound. In both cases, the warning was clearly showing "average 50 E (xxxyds)", which means the camera are identified as the last ones (E=end?).
And I see this problem reported by other members in different locations in this thread and other threads.
Weird.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next time you see it please monitor the xxxyds (as a passenger, please!) and tell us what the lowest observed value was.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrfrank wrote:
mmhhh, but it happens both directins in the same spot.
Also, I definitely saw the warning of the last (third) camera when going eastbound and definetely saw the last (second) warning when going westbound. In both cases, the warning was clearly showing "average 50 E (xxxyds)", which means the camera are identified as the last ones (E=end?).
And I see this problem reported by other members in different locations in this thread and other threads.
Weird.

Hold fire a second until database Admin deals with my communication to him. The problem at M4 J8/9 is a very very recent one - as you said, the cameras only appeared a few days ago and there has been an update to the database only yesterday. I checked (and possibly jiggered) the database there on Monday and yesterday, just minutes before the database was updated. Let's get these database camera errors sorted first so that pgpsw can look into the possibility of a bug in the app.

It may be that you DO have a problem with the application, but I hope you are travelling that way again to be able to check again. Do a fresh database download before you next travel that way, by which time the corrections should have been made to the database and you can report if you are still getting the non-cancelling. I can't offer anything on the possible app bug as I have iPhone app, not android and we don't have a bug on iPhone.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
mrfrank
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:

Hold fire a second until database Admin deals with my communication to him. The problem at M4 J8/9 is a very very recent one - as you said, the cameras only appeared a few days ago and there has been an update to the database only yesterday. I checked (and possibly jiggered) the database there on Monday and yesterday, just minutes before the database was updated. Let's get these database camera errors sorted first so that pgpsw can look into the possibility of a bug in the app.

It may be that you DO have a problem with the application, but I hope you are travelling that way again to be able to check again. Do a fresh database download before you next travel that way, by which time the corrections should have been made to the database and you can report if you are still getting the non-cancelling. I can't offer anything on the possible app bug as I have iPhone app, not android and we don't have a bug on iPhone.

I do that stretch every day to go to work and back.
This morning (database updated this morning), westbound, I ot the SPECS warnings (two of them) and than I had the issue.
Same on the way back.
Tonight, I updated the database again and 3 cameras have gone (28625 became 28622). I checked on cameralert map and the two westbound cameras that were there this morning have been removed from the database.
I will check again tomorrow and let's see. But, I will wait until the database Admin updates your report.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrfrank wrote:
I will wait until the database Admin updates your report.

now done - if you do a fresh update then the changes will be incorporated.

MaFt
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgetting the above fixes to the database, how often do the cameras get updated.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pocketgps wrote:
Forgetting the above fixes to the database, how often do the cameras get updated.

There is no timetable. If you update now, before you do so, note the number of cameras on the database, download, see how many now. Most days it will change during the day - one significant advantage for CamerAlert users is they get an on-the-fly up to dat download, whereas other users get the download once a week on Wednesdays. CamerAlert is updated every time MaFt makes a change, which is probable every day, several times a day (but not during the school run!!).

mrfrank
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
mrfrank wrote:
I will wait until the database Admin updates your report.

now done - if you do a fresh update then the changes will be incorporated.

MaFt

I will check on the way back (eastbound) later tonight.
But, After updating the database few minutes ago I can see that there is only 1 SPECS westbound, which is not true.
exportman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
one significant advantage for CamerAlert users is they get an on-the-fly up to dat download, whereas other users get the download once a week on Wednesdays. CamerAlert is updated every time MaFt makes a change, which is probable every day, several times a day (but not during the school run!!).

So that is why everythime I start the app it tellm me I'm not using the latest databse Smile
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exportman wrote:
So that is why everythime I start the app it tellm me I'm not using the latest databse Smile

It will only do that once per week. If you have updated and are still getting that warning, exit the app and restart.
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Average speed issue is now fixed in build 358.

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=86034
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,

Are you able to tell what the problem was - in laymans terms??

Just out of interest, because it seemed like a funny one.

Cheers, Bob
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

253 wrote:
Hi Mike,

Are you able to tell what the problem was - in laymans terms??

Just out of interest, because it seemed like a funny one.

Cheers, Bob

Basically if tracking was turned off when in a SPECs zone certain flags were not cleared properly. Tracking can be turned off either manually or by driving in a tunnel and losing the GPS fix.

When tracking was restarted the App thought it was still in a SPECs zone and would only get reset after passing through the next one.
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
Pocketgps wrote:

There is no timetable. If you update now, before you do so, note the number of cameras on the database, download, see how many now. Most days it will change during the day - one significant advantage for CamerAlert users is they get an on-the-fly up to dat download, whereas other users get the download once a week on Wednesdays. CamerAlert is updated every time MaFt makes a change, which is probable every day, several times a day (but not during the school run!!).

Thanks Dennis.

I was thinking about CamerAlert, but forgot to mention that.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrfrank wrote:
I will check on the way back (eastbound) later tonight.
But, After updating the database few minutes ago I can see that there is only 1 SPECS westbound, which is not true.

That was me and my fat finger again! I twigged it earlier and emailed Admin who replied at 2:15pm that it had been corrected - probably a minute or two after you updated. The Specs (Average Speed @50mph) cameras at that junction are now correct - three eastbound (counting the pair at the entry slip as one of the three) and two westbound. Download again please for it to be shown correctly.

We're sorry to muck you about like this. Might I hope for the consolation that we have sorted it far quicker than the time most other providers would use to get back to you with an auto-reply saying your issue is being investigated. Wink

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: