Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CamerAlert Comes To Android
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CamerAlert Comes To Android
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ianh5
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you sorted out the sound issue from the beta version whereby if your phone was connected to a BT hands free kit you cannot get sound directly from the phone as per EZ Cam?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a mahoosive 59p you can download and find out Laughing

I don't know but I'll ask.
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ianh5 wrote:
Have you sorted out the sound issue from the beta version whereby if your phone was connected to a BT hands free kit you cannot get sound directly from the phone as per EZ Cam?

Not sure if this is what you want.

But when connected by BT to my TT, I'm using the phone and talking and the Android camera alerts come out of the TT speaker at same time as conversation, but slightly muted in volume. They didn't appear to be coming out of my phone.
I assume that's because the speaker on the phone becomes 'deactivated' when using a BT device.

Just my guess.

When connected to the TT by BT, the phone warnings came from the phone, more or less at same time as warnings came from the TT unit. It was confusing at 1st, until I got used to it.

Cheers, Bob

(Tidied by mod (AP) and original version removed - hope that's OK)
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ball on this is entirely in your court. For each Bluetooth device you can decide in the Android settings wether to use it for "Bluetooth Stereo Audio"(ie A2DP) or not. Long tap on the device in the Settings...Wireless...Bluetooth list to see the options.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
i0i
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:07 pm    Post subject: Alternatives to subscribing Reply with quote

Could I buy & install the app and get the latest camera update. Then two weeks later uninstall it, then buy & install it again to get another camera update.

If I did this 33 times during the year it would equate to about a £19.99 subscription.

Would this work, is it amoral, would you hate me?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Alternatives to subscribing Reply with quote

i0i wrote:
Could I buy & install the app and get the latest camera update. Then two weeks later uninstall it, then buy & install it again to get another camera update.

No. Your one-time free download is just that. Once you've had it, you will not be offered another download on that phone unless you subscribe.
TheQuest
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, i0i

Quote:
Then two weeks later uninstall it, then buy & install it again to get another camera update.

If you Buy an App From the Market, and install it and then uninstall it for any reason, it will always be there in your account to reinstall free of charge, unless you was to delete it each time from your Market account.

Take Care
TheQuest Cool
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Alternatives to subscribing Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
i0i wrote:

No. Your one-time free download is just that. Once you've had it, you will not be offered another download on that phone unless you subscribe.

Of course, the way to beat the system is to buy the app, then two weeks later buy another iPhone, then buy the app again and get another free download, then two weeks later buy another iPhone, then buy the app and get another free download. I think Question I don't suppose your phone provider would go along with too many replacements of a contract iPhone, so it would probably have to be unlocked ones on PAYG. If you did that 33 times a year it would be about £13,216.50. I think. Very Happy

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a heads-up to all of you following this thread, new update posted early this morning:

Announcement & Changelog
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Alternatives to subscribing Reply with quote

i0i wrote:

If I did this 33 times during the year it would equate to about a £19.99 subscription.

Would this work, is it amoral, would you hate me?

£19.99 for 33 updates? for a £19.99 subscription you will get 50 updates in a year! plus the chance to bag a free lifetime subscription.

MaFt
bewildered
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please, enough about penny pinching! This is a great app worth every penny of the 59p even if you never take another update Very Happy

Great new release by the way. One icon to launch Cameralert and CoPilot at the same time...that's nice. Now, how about an interface to the braking system on my car to slow me down to the correct speed? Ah maybe not, a nearby 30mph false alert may not be too wise on the motorway.

Keep up the good work protecting us from the peril of the camera!
AskCy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a good app to have but the payment method is useless, I'm not putting my credit card in the phone . Why don't you make it payment by text then everyone can get it ????
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AskCy wrote:
sounds like a good app to have but the payment method is useless, I'm not putting my credit card in the phone . Why don't you make it payment by text then everyone can get it ????

Because we have no say in what payment methods Google permits.

Payment by Text, or 'Direct Carrier Billing' as it is known is not available in the UK for Google Market purchases. Even in the US, it is only supported by a very few networks and even then, only on certain contract accounts.
kevinx
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Used CamerAlert for first time and .. Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
norm2002 wrote:
I have a few issues/questions.

1. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab and CamerAlert is great on it except when I am exceeding the speed limit. The pop up large speed sign is quite fuzzy. I realise the Galaxy Tab is not a standard resolution but is it possible to improve this?

I've done some new graphics for this that will no doubt be added to the app at some point.

MaFt

Graphics (speeding warning) are a WHOLE LOT better and clearer now. Nice one MaFt.

:-)
Mv710.1561(W Europe)+Traffic, N82 connection to GPRS traffic
+
fredbloggs123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Start this and another app, didn't realise. Fantastic Reply with quote

Very Happy You guys are good.

Now how about this. The warnings appear on top of Co-pilot, that's great. Any chance in a similiar fashion the average speed appears on top after the average speed warning dissapears. At the moment I have to switch to the Cameralert and potentioly get lost whilst I am in the average area.

Hope that's clear what I'm after!

Also, although I suspect this is harder, can you close Co-pilot and Cameralert as one?

Keep up the good work. Razz

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: