Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed Camera Warnings on Urban Rider
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed Camera Warnings on Urban Rider

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrisch
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Speed Camera Warnings on Urban Rider Reply with quote

Has anyone come up with a simple way to add warnings to the speed camera ov2 files on a TomTom Urban Rider? With 32 warnings to be added, and the tortuous menu on the Urban Rider where you have to pretty well enter the whole ov2 filename to select the required file having negotiated through several layers of menu for each one, the process is looking to take hours.

The only way I can see at present is renaming to make the names much shorter with a simple coding scheme and dropping the whole pocketgpsworld off the front of the filename.

Of course it would be a lot simpler if someone knew where the links were stored.

Any thoughts, anyone
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the Urban Rider menu structure any different to other TomToms?

I'm guessing you're trying to add the .ogg file audio warnings to the camera POIs? Or are you trying to type your own warnings for the TTS voice to say?

Yes, the way you have to do it is boring and repetitive, but if you're using the .ogg file warnings, but it only takes me about 10 minutes tops to set them all up.

1. Change Preferences
2. Manage POIs
3. Warn when near POI
4. Type "p o" in order to skip through the alphabetical list of POIs to go straight to the first camera file and tap to select it.
5. enter distance
6. enter audio file from list (I have the audio files saved in the SOUNDS folder, rather then the map folder)
7. tick the "warn only if on route" and tap "Done"OK
8. repeat from step 2 for all the other camera categories.

Last edited by Andy_P on Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
jrisch
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the Urban Rider does have a different menu structure, though the process is essentially the same, just the look and feel is different. The problem comes at step 4 where you're not presented with a list when you start typing. It just gives you the first one it matches, so I was having to type the whole name.

I have now discovered that there is a separate button to bring up the scrollable list. It didn't appear to work as there was a long time lag before it would accept being pressed.

So problem solved. Thank you for your help. It was only when I started to document the steps to explain that I was leaving a long enough gap before pressing the list button.
EricWB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone setting up the warnings should consider if they do only want to be warned if on route.

Because this means if you do not have a route selected you will not get any warnings at all, so it maybe best not to select only on route.

Then it will warn you anything nearby at all times you will never miss anything, but may get more than you want, but that's not a bad thing.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: