Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 9.058 for x40 released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

9.058 for x40 released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aerotec wrote:

Quote:
Slight OT but how do I change the map regions installed as when I connect to HOME it doesn't offer me any different maps region to install.

In Home.......

Manage my Device--Items on Device--Maps.

Click the + sign and you'll see a link to 'Change Map Zone'.

Then you select another zone to be added to the unit.
aerotec
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhn wrote:

In Home.......

Thanks David, I want to see if I can get the US map moved on to a 4Gb MicroSD card and then get the full EU maps loaded back up.
psyskiesman
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy P. thinks I am not seeing the battery indicator on my screen, but I am. My complaint is that you cannot view charging status or see a credible view of remaining battery power. It is also only visible after removing external power, no way to see it while the unit is plugged in. Now if they could just make that tiny little icon about 5 times the size it would possibly be meaningful.
martin_b
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is definitely something odd going on with the M4!

Once again my 540 tried to send me down the M4 into London this AM despite the fact that it was closed, between J3 and J1.

Live traffic knew it was closed, the display traffic map showed it as closed, but the route wouldn't re-plan. I'm positive it used to with V8.

I think the M4 is closed overnight all this week so if anyone else is up at an ungodly hour and could try a route that would involve the end of the M4 (past Heathrow) I'd be interested in the results.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be wrong but I have not noticed any recent signs of impending closure for the M4 inside the M25 at night, but I have not been there in the small hours.

I could not find any records of it on the Highways Agency site either.
martin_b
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe unplanned work?
But the gantry matrix signs on the M25 are all reporting it as closed between J3 and J1. ( this is between about 4:00am and 4:30am)
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aerotec wrote:
I want to see if I can get the US map moved on to a 4Gb MicroSD card and then get the full EU maps loaded back up.

Moving the US map is easy... Using Windows Explorer, just cut and paste the entire America map folder from the internal memory onto the SD card, no need to use 'Home'.

Getting Home to offer you the full map is a little trickier, but is explained fully in another topic somewhere (or alternatively there is now a walkthrough on the TT website HERE, although that actually explains how to put it onto an SD card).

Basically, if it sees a map zone, all it will do is offer you another one.
So what you need to do is move the America map first (so you have plenty of space for the new Europe map), then RE-INSTALL your old v850 full map temporarily.
Once you've done that, Home should see it and see you have enough space, and will then offer the full v855 map to you.
aerotec
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy, I will give all that a go.

But what a kerfuffle! I can handle larger more detailed maps needing me to expand the memory but they really need to make it more consumer friendly. Home should recognice what maps I am permitted to install and have a simple option to change zones!
jimtech
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Unknown icon? Reply with quote

I'm now happily running the new version, but I have one question:
On the horizontal status bar, at the left-hand end, there is a small up-arrow, just above the current speed indication.
Can anyone tell me what this arrow indicates? It doesn't seem to be there if I switch the status bar to vertical mode.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Unknown icon? Reply with quote

jimtech wrote:
I'm now happily running the new version, but I have one question:
On the horizontal status bar, at the left-hand end, there is a small up-arrow, just above the current speed indication.
Can anyone tell me what this arrow indicates? It doesn't seem to be there if I switch the status bar to vertical mode.

Been trying to work it out myself. It's not the compass.

Anyone else switched on the heading display? I.e. 234 degrees. I get two readings which seem to be exactly the same. Any reason why?
martin_b
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martin_b wrote:
There is definitely something odd going on with the M4!

Once again my 540 tried to send me down the M4 into London this AM despite the fact that it was closed, between J3 and J1.

Live traffic knew it was closed, the display traffic map showed it as closed, but the route wouldn't re-plan. I'm positive it used to with V8.

I think the M4 is closed overnight all this week so if anyone else is up at an ungodly hour and could try a route that would involve the end of the M4 (past Heathrow) I'd be interested in the results.

Third time lucky.. M4 once again closed, this time my TT offered me a new route withing a couple of minutes.
spook51
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the new version for the first time yesterday: Chesterfield - Leominster - Chesterfield via M1/M42/M5. It worked faultlessly and was noticeably quicker to update the route on the two occasions I diverted from the one advised. Initial satellite lock and route planning was as quick as before.

Traffic delays (plenty of them unfortunately) were correctly shown and accurate in duration. The only glitch was when turning south off the M42 onto the M5 when 'M5' wasn't mentioned until I was actually on the M5, i.e. no prior voice instruction. I do wish it would pronounce Live as in 'hive' and not as in 'give' though.

Status bar is a bit cluttered so I need to delete stuff I dont need - no idea what the up arrow that others have noticed is either.
ItsMikeE
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a way to see:
1) Map and software versions?
2) GPS info i.e. how many satellites are being seen, etc.
spook51
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ItsMikeE wrote:
Is there a way to see:
1) Map and software versions?
2) GPS info i.e. how many satellites are being seen, etc.

Main Menu 3 - Status & Information
psyskiesman
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In response to my own previous entry; I am now seeing the speed limit as well as actual speed. I don't know why it wasn't showing the first time I installed 9.058. One other thing I have now noticed; I was travelling from Dulwich to Swindon this morning and HD Traffic indicated 39 minutes delay but had not offered a quicker alternative route. I forced it to recalculate and right enough it found a quicker route with just 7 minutes of delays; now, here's the thing, it is no longer possible to recalculate ORIGINAL route, so on a long journey you may commit to what (at the time) is a quicker route, but you cannot check to see what's happening on the original route. Hopefully inside the gubbins HD Traffic is still monitoring the original and will re-offer it if the delays disperse.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 6 of 21

Jump to: