Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - HTC Desire and Radardroid
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

HTC Desire and Radardroid

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gaula13
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:39 am    Post subject: HTC Desire and Radardroid Reply with quote

I am having difficulty loading the gpx database into Radardroid.

I am using the Pro version of Radardroid on an HTC Desire running 2.2. and I downloaded and installed the "standard" SpeecameraPOI database. Fine and dandy up to this point.

Having also subscribed to PocketGPSWorld, I downloaded the gps files from PocketGPSWorld and they come in two databases - pocketgps uk mobile (mobile cameras) and pocketgps uk sc (fixed cameras) - and loaded them onto the SD card.

The problem is that I can load the mobile database but the fixed camera file will not install - the Radardroid app hangs at the updating screen and eventually crashes/stops unexpectedly. Radardroid assure me that there is no restriction on the number of databases that the app can support and that the gpx format is absolutely fine.

I have downloaded the files twice from PocketGPSWorld but both gave the same results with the same problem file.

Has anyone got any suggestions on how to resolve this issue - preferrably without me exceeding the monthly limit of downloads within 24 hours of buying the subscription!?

Thanks in anticipation.
gaula13
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Radardroid Reply with quote

I believe that Radardroid have been in touch with you and, on your joint advice, I have downloaded the iGO version of the files - I believe that these files have directional camera warnings where possible - and they have installed correctly.

As a suggestion, it would be good if you supplied at least new subscribers with a description of each type of file format and its relative advantages/disadvantages - i.e. what information is in each database. To put this information in one easily found place would be a help to all. Examples could be an explanation of the pmobile (provisional) locations, which file formats include directional info where possible and which ones do not, et al.

In is interesting that the compatability info for Radardroid shows the TomTom version of the databases but this, apparently, does not give directional information. Your joint advice was to use the iGO versions.

It may also be appropriate to let folk into any known restrictions of some applications. E.g. Radardroid cannot load the main gpx database simply because it is too big to load as a single file using the HTC Desire.

Thank you to all that have helped on this one - particularly Radardroid support. Very Happy
hellybob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am wanting to download the iGo files to use with Radardroid on my Android phone. Can anyone let me know exactly what I should do as the database that comes with Radardroid is rubbish.

Thanks
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Radardroid Reply with quote

gaula13 wrote:
I believe that Radardroid have been in touch with you and, on your joint advice, I have downloaded the iGO version of the files - I believe that these files have directional camera warnings where possible - and they have installed correctly.

As a suggestion, it would be good if you supplied at least new subscribers with a description of each type of file format and its relative advantages/disadvantages - i.e. what information is in each database.

Radar Droid have NOT been in touch with us at all. I worked it out for myself that it can use the iGO files. The compatibility chart even says to download the iGO files so not sure why you opted for GPX initially?

MaFt
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellybob wrote:
I am wanting to download the iGo files to use with Radardroid on my Android phone. Can anyone let me know exactly what I should do as the database that comes with Radardroid is rubbish.

Thanks

see here: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=82920

MaFt
hellybob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for that. Despite being a member I haven't paid for a database for ages. is this why when I go on the above link I get:-

Sorry, but only users granted special access can read topics in this forum.

If I pay my money will this give me access to this post.

Cheers
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you will, but here's the content anyway:

Quote:
If you ONLY want speed cam warnings and not navigation then you could try 'Radardroid' from the market place.

download the iGO database and then place it on your sd card. you can then import this into the app - be warned though, it takes about 20 minutes to import the database...

also, in the settings BEFORE you do the import, seelct all the types of cameras you want to be warned for otherwise you will need to re-import it all again.

hope that helps?

MaFt

Quote:
correction - it's been importing for 20 minutes so far and is about 40% done... i'd give yourself an hour...!!

MaFt

Quote:
oh... and remember to delete the old database otherwise it merges them together...!

re-importing again... 3 hours total so far as one failed near the end Evil or Very Mad

good news it it uses our directional data

MaFt
hellybob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I have imported the 5 files no problem but Radardroid keeps acting up and showing a zero speed and doesn't active the warnings.

I will keep looking into this. I know it isn't the Pocketgps files as it did it with the free one from Radardroid.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: