Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Reboot problem with Garmin 765 using v4 OS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Reboot problem with Garmin 765 using v4 OS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dabri
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reboot problem with Garmin 765 using v4 OS Reply with quote

I updated my 765 to version 4 recently and today used it on a long journey (~450 miles). Mostly, it worked properly, but twice it rebooted; on both ocassions I was checking traffic. Any one else had anything similar with v4, or is it just me?
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Nothing too serious, but mine has rebooted about 3 times since the update (its on pretty much all day), but I definitely think another update is necessary to correct something that reboots the 765 in the current s/w update - its usually a very stable unit
Nexus 6p, Apple iPhone 6sPlus and Microsoft Lumia 950xl running TomTom, Garmin, CoPilot, Navigon, Sygic, Here Drive, Google, Waze, MS Maps
Televinken
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine does the same. Altogether it's a good sw version though.
But of course it's a pain in the *ss when it reboots now & then.
Evil or Very Mad
BeatO
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if mine does reboot as well because I did not use it very often after the 4.0 update.

But I checked with WebUpdater today, first screen was telling me I had the current version installed, searching for additional stuff I was presented with an update called "GPS Chipset Type M HotFix Data". No change log provided.

I'll install it, maybe there was something wrong with it in the initial 4.0 update?

BTW: I was offered an update on the myDashboard screen as well.

Cheers
BeatO
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Firmware update Reply with quote

Yes I've noticed lots more lane guidance than is usual, seems to be further improved zooming and maps that look more like the new 1xxx series than they used to (smoother) - but maybe that's just me

However, on the Lane Guidance there is a bug - sometimes it doesn't show it and other times it does, on the same route

Then if I force a route recalculation by just selecting the destination address again, it will show the lane guidance. It is like it "forgets" to look for and / or show it

Obviously on routes I know it is neither a problem or something I need to do, but on routes I don't I could be missing out on a lot of potential extra guidance - and lane guidance is one of the most helpful

And when I say there is more Lane Guidance since the update, it really has about doubled the areas it occurs for me locally since the update - and without a map update (they were already the most recent)

Anyone else with same problems???

Like you say, otherwise a really positive change for was is essential quite an old unit now
Nexus 6p, Apple iPhone 6sPlus and Microsoft Lumia 950xl running TomTom, Garmin, CoPilot, Navigon, Sygic, Here Drive, Google, Waze, MS Maps
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Firmware Fix Reply with quote

The latest firmware update seems to fix the re-boot issue and even my missing lane guidance issue - i now get lane guidance on even more routes (once again a big improvement locally) and it doesn't forget to show them anymore. Well done Garmin!
jonathanp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some problems with my 765T with version 4.0 as well , it will sometimes reboot when I press the lane assist button in the top left hand corner . Sometmes I get lane assistance other times I do not . Regards Jonathan
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reboot Reply with quote

I don't get the reboot problem, but then don't often choose to see the enhanced overhead junction view

With Lane Guidance since the update it shows in MANY more places for me, its really great - but like you it is still "forgetting" to show it sometimes. If I'm on a route and know it should have lane guidance but that day isn't showing it for some reason, a quick re-route to the same destination brings up the lane guidance

Only problem with that apart from the inconvenience is in unknown areas (where it is most useful of course) you don't know if you need to do the re-route or not! So if struggling and I think it should be there, I just re-route anyway (takes seconds). Not ideal, but it works

Hopefully Garmin will get this sorted in a future update - anyone know if the newer 1690s or 3790s suffer the same problem?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: