Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Which TeleAtlas version in new 855 maps?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Which TeleAtlas version in new 855 maps?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:57 am    Post subject: Which TeleAtlas version in new 855 maps? Reply with quote

In July I sent TeleAtlas a series of map corrections to the one-way system in the middle of Swansea. Today I had an email from them saying the changes had been incorporated in the 2010.12 version of their maps (that in itself is progress - all of my previous reports in the last 6 or 7 years seem to have fallen into a black hole!) Which TeleAtlas version is incorporated in the recently issued 855 maps?
Robin
Plus a lot of other PDA GPS kit, seldom used
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never known a fool-proof way to find that out.
Occasionally TomTom used to put out a press release when new maps were released and sometimes that mentioned that a map was based on a particular Teleatlas dated release.
But they haven't done that for some time.
pcaouolte
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Which TeleAtlas version in new 855 maps? Reply with quote

Robin2 wrote:
...Today I had an email from them saying the changes had been incorporated in the 2010.12 version of their maps ...
Robin

I believe that Teleatlas release 4 map databases per year numbered YEAR.03, 06, 09, and 12. I have no evidence to backup my assumptions but I've never seen any document refering to a teleatlas release during any other month.
I can't find any reference to 2010.09 being released yet, so it's probable that the latest TomTom maps are based on 2010.06.
If your changes are incorporated in 2010.12 and I am correct in thinking that version will be released in December then you might get them incorporated into a TomTom map around March 2011.
Wazza_G
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And then again.... Hell may freeze over & Robbie Williams will become PM. Rolling Eyes
pcaouolte
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a theory that Hell has already frozen over, due to climate change. Laughing

I had an email from Teleatlas in May to say that one of my changes would be incorporated into their 2010.09 release of map data. That change does not appear on the TomTom version 855 maps.

This indicates that the 855 map is based on a Teleatlas release earlier than 2010.09. If a few of us have these notifications from Teleatlas specifying different release dates for incorporation of the correction and check to see if the TomTom map includes the change then we should be able to pinpoint the release that TomTom have used.
technik
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only ever get one email from Tele-Atlas when I first submitted an error, which says this....

Once the Map Insight Status Page indicates that your issue has been addressed at Tele Atlas, please contact your application provider to learn when the update will be available for your device or application.

So that would indicate to contact TomTom to find out when the correction will be added to a map.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: