Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - hp 2210+tomtom at Dixons
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

hp 2210+tomtom at Dixons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark5290
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: hp 2210+tomtom at Dixons Reply with quote

If you can still find a dixons shop that have not got rid of all their stock yet as they are shutting a lot of shops, they are selling the hp ipaq 2210+tom tom 3+ car mounting kit for £299.00, i live in coventry and phoned 7 shops, 2 didnt answer, 4 had sold all their stock and didnt sound very happy, but suggested i try the hinckley shop, they had one left, i asked the girl to reserve it for me, and was there within the hour, a very nice bit of kit.
Talkingbollox
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went in to the Hemel Hempstead branch of Dixons today. They didn't have any stock either. Asked if there were any in any of the nearby stores. They looked up their computer and there were 11 in stock at the Luton Airport branch.

Bought one for my brother. They're tansferring the stock between branches and will be picking it up next week in the local branch as the Assistant Manager lives near the Airport branch.

They were very keen to sell the insurance. £79 for 5 years including theft insurance, sounds reasonable. But I deckined politely.
mark5290
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havnt set up the tom tom software yet, just been playing around with the pda, but it feels and looks like a better quality pda than the medion mdppc250, i bought the medion on the last bank holiday from halfords for £399.99, a week and a half later it was at aldi for £269.99 Crying or Very sad , halfords would not price match, fortunately 23 days later (hmm isnt that the name of a movie) it developed a fault with the charger not powering up the gps receiver Mr. Green so because it was less than 28 days old i was entitled to a refund or replacement, guess what i went for Thumbs Up
mark5290
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh i forgot they offered me the insurance aswell, didnt get as far as price because i kept saying no thankyou, no thanks, i dont need it, NO!, was she on commision for that or what.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: