Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - What do you think of Traffic?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

What do you think of Traffic?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhilB
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:10 am    Post subject: What do you think of Traffic? Reply with quote

Signed up to traffic last weekend and headed off down the M6 towards Brum only to be told that 27 miles ahead between Stoke & Preston there was congestion Westbound on the M6. So not only was it warning me of traffic problems northbound when I was heading south, even by the greatest stretch of the imagination the M6 does not run east west. On my way home on Friday afternoon the traffic between J16 & J17 northbound was at a standstill but did traffic warn me .................. liked the little triangles down the side though.

Phil
Hadsatron
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been waiting for Traffic for months now but don't seem able to get it. I have updated the CoPilot central and the Live 8 to the newest version but I still don't get any optiond to purchase traffic. How did you do it? Was it throught Copilot central store?

David
BaggieBoy
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you read this thread: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=81244?

As far as I know you can only purchase via the ALK webite.
PhilB
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, that's how I did it, it would have been a nice gesture for ALK to have given those of us with still a year or so to run of the old version a discount code but that would have been expecting too much. Can't really see what Central is supposed to be about as it doesn't pick up the updates and ALK still seem to release stuff through twitter or their main website, even though I have the option set to show previously downloaded updates it still doesn't show the WM service pack but does show a couple of voice packs that wouldn't load, I do wish they would get their support strategy sorted and stick to it.
morfis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmm.....Friday lunchtime and on the radio I'd heard frequent reports of the M6 being shut southbound around Sandbach services. Fired up Copilot with two routes from Manchester to Uttoxeter....luckily they were both free of problems according to 'Traffic'......but hang on, one of the routes involved travelling on the M6 from Knutsford services?

Luckily 'Traffic' warned me about the problems between Warrington and Preston even though neither of those or the roads between them were on the routes it calculated for my journey south.

Anyway, the radio is saying there are serious problems on the A50 due to the M6 closure, Traffic England website shows the problem areas but I know I'll be fine as the service I've paid for knows better.

Total waste of money and I'd argue 'unfit for purpose'.
marko123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well at least you guys get some traffic information.

I'm beginning to suspect that there are no working traffic feeds from Scotland as the only traffic i get is old static information....no accidents, no new stuff. sat in a traffic jam for an hour today and not a peep!

it does get info cos i could search on different English cities as well as checking out the slow moving traffic on the segovia/guadalahara stretch of the N11 in Spain!!!! the old v7 traffic was a lot more up to date than this.

copilot could do sooo much better ! Mad
darrenintheeast
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

totally useless..

Last night at approx there was a delay of about 45 mins on the london A13 out towards Basildon from Lakeside...

Traffic reported nothing....

CRAP CRAP CRAP.....refunds due pls
marko123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spoke to copilot tech supprt- apparently not all traffic feeds are setup yet at their end....traffic hasn't actually been launched yet according to him and that we really shouldnt have been able to buy it ....

arg!
Wildoat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now they tell us! Sad
Wiggo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marvellous! I used it yesterday on a longish run (170+ miles each way) and it was pretty rubbish, really. It warned me of narrow lanes in roadworks but gave no indication of delays, and it did once in a while mention heavy traffic, but again no mention of severity/delay etc. It's certainly not TrafficMaster sort of information, more the sort of info I could have got from a web surf before I left home.

If all the feeds have yet to be set up, then I'll reserve judgement, but on the basis of yesterday, I would't renew the subscription...
BaggieBoy
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've yet to get any traffic information displayed, my regular commute is usually incident free. Last night however I saw some strange behaviour. I was parked in a shopping centre car park and set my destination. Since I was not on recognised road, it couldn't calculate the route yet. Anyway I went into the Traffic screen and requested nearby traffic info (the "On my route" option was greyed out) and that worked fine. I started the journey, a route was calculated as expected. However everytime I asked for traffic "on my route" it just timed out. Never did get an update for the 30 minute journey.
Wiggo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I got a lot of timeouts, too.

Interestingly, I compared traffic this morning to the service (free) from the Highways Agency, and that carries more info than the CoPilot service. Oh well...
BaggieBoy
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This morning I got my first traffic warning, my route via the A31 o Guildford was showing an accident. I got the point of the alleged incident and there was nothing there.

However on my way home tonight I joined the M4 at J10 and there was a major queue in the opposite direction, and the incident was showing up. So a mixed experience so far.
Wildoat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet to receive a traffic warning for a planned route! On checking traffic nearby it tells me snow is on the road (and has been for the last 8 days!). Certainly not as good as my car sat nav with TMC.

Question: Do you have to ask it to update traffic on your route manually or assuming your green triangle is lit it does it automatically?

W
hellybob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wildoat wrote:
Yet to receive a traffic warning for a planned route! On checking traffic nearby it tells me snow is on the road (and has been for the last 8 days!). Certainly not as good as my car sat nav with TMC.

Question: Do you have to ask it to update traffic on your route manually or assuming your green triangle is lit it does it automatically?

W

I too would like to know this as I am blissfully driving around thinking that there is no traffic when I have no idea how and if it will alert me.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: