Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Will Navigator 7 run on IPAQ RX5965 Travel Companion
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Will Navigator 7 run on IPAQ RX5965 Travel Companion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Biblo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Will Navigator 7 run on IPAQ RX5965 Travel Companion Reply with quote

Good Day,

I have the IPAQ RX5965 unit and I have only had this product for 2 years and now I am being told that TOM TOM has stopped making maps for the preloaded NAVIGATOR 6 program. TOM TOM in the UK has informed me that this PDA does not support the latest version Navigator 7 and that they no longer make maps for Navigator 6 rendering my device usless.

Given we spent 580 dollars AUD on this device I am very dissapointed to learn that it is useless. Has any body actually tried to load tom tom 7 on this PDA?

Kind Regards,

Ben
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your device will not be useless. Roads don't change that much and where they do it is pretty obvious and you can usually work out what is happening. I have a TT 700 with 5 year old maps a 910 with 4 year old maps and TT6 on my previous phone (now my wife's). All of them are still usable. In fact I use the 910 (with US maps) for regular visits to the USA without any problem

In fact there are now few PDAs sold anyway - they are nearly all combined phones/PDAs/kettles etc. But despite the popularity of these units TT has largely abandoned them. TT7 is only officially available on a few phones and then only if it is pre-installed. And you still can't get US maps for TT7 (although you can for TT6!). I think TT are absolutely crazy in neglecting this market.

I have moved away from TT (thank goodness) when I got my latest Android based phone.
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
Biblo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:01 pm    Post subject: Thanks for your post. Reply with quote

I live in Australia in South East Queensland. The recent Economic downturn has encouraged the federal and state governements to dramatically increase spending on infrastructure. The GPS has failed me to the point that it gets into endless loops.
spile
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Will Navigator 7 run on IPAQ RX5965 Travel Companion Reply with quote

Biblo wrote:
Good Day,

Has any body actually tried to load tom tom 7 on this PDA?

Ben

Reading comments elsewhere I see no reason why it shouldn't work but I haven't tried it myself (rx5935).
iceobar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I also have an HP Ipaq rx5915 Travel Companion and am in the same boat as to how TomTom and HP have abandonned the Ipaq pda market and am also looking for the best solutions. Last week I saw an identical model Ipaq rx5915 loaded with TTN7 and 2010 maps for North America for sale on Ebay. Below is the link but I don't know how long the link will last ... I queried the seller and he said that his store did the upgrade for about $42 so.... somehow it appears to be possible to do an upgrade. He however did not divulge the source...Despite his product description indicating it has Windows Mobile 5, by the included pictures, it appears to be a higher version of Windows Mobile that is installed. I am very interested if anyone has a good solution to bring the maps up to date. Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120523881085&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
spile
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to know if TT7 is loaded onto the rx59xx series PDA will the maps work from the 2Gb file store? It would be a shame to have to load them on an SD card which I use to store other files.
spile
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to know if TT7 is loaded onto the rx59xx series PDA will the maps work from the 2Gb file store? It would be a shame to have to load them on an SD card which I use to store other files.
iceobar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject: rx5915 Reply with quote

I believe that your qt is in reference to the rx5915 on Ebay. Initially, the ad indicated that the 2010 maps were installed on the 2SD Card...but after I queried the installation...the ad was corrected ...and subsequently does not show that the maps were on the 2 SD Card, or even included....so, obviously the assumption is that they are not on the card. Not sure where one would procur TTN7 ...and....the 2010 maps....or if there were/are any operating glitches.
Biblo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

come on guys surely someone has done this by now. It is bull for HP and Tom Tom to just tell us to throw these away one of you have to be smart enough to do this.
Biblo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe outside the little square of Tom Tom is there any other software applications that will run on windows mobile with a 400mhz processer and 64mb of ram.

I found one recently http://www.techrific.com.au/techrificway-igo-8-gps-navigation-software-for-pocket-pc-australia-and-new-zealand-p-492.html

but they claim they need 128mb of ram.

cheers to all who have replied but we still need a solution
iceobar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: CoPilot Live 8 Reply with quote

Biblo,

I have an Ipaq rx5915 and have installed Copilot Live 8 with a North American updated database.....works great with the standard RAM. I installed it on a SD card as I was not sure it would actually work. Cost was about $30 US...No major issues at all....Fee includes updates untill they change....
Yup....I'll never ever be a TT customer again.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another product worthy of considering is Sygic, very TT like in appearance and menu structure so its very easy to use if you are used to the TT interface - Mike
Biblo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:26 pm    Post subject: Follow Up Regaring COPILOT AND SYGIC Reply with quote

Hi

I have contacted ALK technologies about the Copilot Product and they are adament it will not work on my RX5965 because its not in their compatibility list but the RX5730 and RX5735 is. How did you get your copy and how did you get it working?

Personally I think the IT guy at ALK had no idea what he was talking about as the only differnce between the RX57XX and the RX59xx series Ipaqs is the rom size and the preloaded map. See the following link if you are unsure what I mean.

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12532_div/12532_div.html

This was their reasoning: 'The operating system is the main issue; It has been tested by the Quality Assurance department and the outcome was not good enough!'

Did you have to remove anything to do with TTN6?

Thanks for your time I am very fustrated with all companies at this point. SYGIC recons that it wont work Navman only sells complete units TOMTOM are morons

Any help is appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Ben
iceobar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject: ipaq Reply with quote

Hi,

In my case, they also indicated that the rx5915 was not on their list, but it appeared the reason was that they had not tested that specific model and therefore could not recommend it. I see their point because of the plethora of models, it is almost impossible to please and guarantee each model. Prof Julie, an excellent source, over on the HP board guessed it should work as long as it was WM 5 compatible, so, I took a chance and purchased the software on line. I did not unistall TTN6 because I was not sure it would work out so I downloaded/installed CoPilot Live 8 on a 2 gb SD card via the sync process. Works fine for me, so far. Hope this helps 'cause I understand your frustration. btdt.
Best
PS 'Did you have to remove anything to do with TTN6?' No
Biblo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for you post I will give it a try i think I dont have much to loose at this point.

Kind Regards,

Ben

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: