Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Problem with live services.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with live services.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are bigger issues than just 9.054 with Live Services again. my 940 had no Live Services with 9.054 and I have reverted to 8.371 and have had problems with it asking me to renew my subscription which has nearly two years to go, saying I need a newer app to use Google etc.

I would recommend waiting until you see reports here that things are getting better before reinstalling 9.054.

In my view if you had a corrupt download, you would not be able to extract all the files from the downloaded CAB file as it would be corrupted and not just the files inside. You could try and see if you could extract all the files from the CAB file and if you can, it is probably not a corrupt download.
jackbarry
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrT thank you for responding. I'm afraid I don't know what a CAB file is or where to look for it. I have spent so much time faffing about with my 750 that I am loath to muck about with it. It does work now using v9.026 but LIVE TRAFFIC is missing and I only have 1 voice. I really need the thing to work at the moment so unless your suggestion is straightforward I will leave things alone and hope that TT get a fix together.

jack
Wheelz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the same boat despite avoiding (thanks to PocketGPSWorld newsletter warning) downloading the latest app. to my 550.

One day Google search and Weather are fine the next Google Search ran out the day I bought the device, and Weather the same, but status shows another Weather runs out in 2011!

In 2009 TomTom and I spent 6 weeks trying to sort out another problem caused by a faulty app., they were very pleasant but their instructions to me seemed to go round (several times) in a long loop and none worked. In the end they referred me to their technical department who took a week to figure out I should contact me mobile phone service provider.

I find Google search is useful but I'm loath to risk messing up other services by following advice from TomTom.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem lies on TTs servers and the accounts held on them. TomTom need to fix what the server says you and you unit have access to and the dates these are valid for. When you contact support with this problem they refer it to second line who can either fix your account or give your unit free access to the Live Services. It seems they are doing the latter at the moment and fixing the acount during the free service period.

However to access the free service once your unit has it, you have to remove your user account details from your TomTom so it does not try to access your account which currently has problems. The way TomTom are doing this is asking you to do a factory reset. This deletes all your settings and your added POIs and I and others have noted that it seems to lock up on a reset if you have many POIs (40 in my case) and cannot delete them all.

I assume the Live Service account settings are held in a file and I thought it was settings.dat as my username is in it but changing this file with a backup does not change the Live Services logon name stored. It is also not mapsettings.cfg.

It is difficult to find as the same logon settings are also used for the TTHome application logon but are not only stored in the same place. The Live Services username is the one stored in ttgo.bif but this is read from elsewhere and I don't know where.

If you could find where your Live Services username is stored you could edit this out and not need to reset the device.

I never understand why TomTom give you subscription to 6 Live Services when you can only buy them as a bundle. It would easier for them to just say XX has Live Services expiring on DD date, rather than XX has HD Traffic etc.
aerotec
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any more news on this problem?

My 940 started doing this on a Google Search and I am heading off around the country over the weekend and Google Search is the main thing I use on my 940.

I really don't have the desire to start Censored around with reformats etc as I need to hit the road in a couple of hours.

Maybe it is time to buy Co-Pilot for my Windows Mobile...

Please don't use asterisks to circumvent the swear filter. PaulB2005
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My XL Live IQ is working as it should for the last week. As said above it must be their server linking to our devices that is the problem.
MRCC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the problem with my 540. Sometimes Weather works, sometimes not. Google Search never works now. LIVE traffic is ok.

As reported by others this occurred after an offer from TomTom appeared offering me to extend my Live services for a further year.

I have logged a complaint/request for help with TT. They state that they aim to respond in 2 business days but it took 4 to get a response (lots of complaints coming in I expect). The instruction was to delete the app (v8.371) from device and PC then reinstall the first update offererd by Home (v8.371 again) but not to apply any more updates if they were offered (v9.054 was offered).

This didn't sound like it would make a difference to me, but I followed the instructions anyway (making a full backup with Explorer first!). As expected that rigmarole made no difference.

I reported this back and then got a reply in 1 day saying it was being escalated to a supervisor.

What annoys me is that the first responder ignored a question about whether to try installing 9.054 (i asked this to see if they would admit to a problem with it killing Live services totally on x40s) and they just gave me some instructions which were designed to cure a problem with no Lve services working at all - I had already told them that Traffic was okay.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: