Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 3GS with OS 4 and HD Traffic
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

3GS with OS 4 and HD Traffic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: 3GS with OS 4 and HD Traffic Reply with quote

Anyone help. Bought TomTom for Iphone last night - installed it no problem - then bought the HD traffic one year subscription. Rang TomTom this morning as traffic had not appeared on the unit. Guy said it was a common problem and then said to buy a one day subscription and when he said it was working, gave me an extra 2 months subscription. Okay so far?
Now when setting up a route, I get a little car icon in the top right corner that has been green and now is orange in colour. I get updating traffic as information on the top bar but when I touch the car icon, it takes me back to the subscription page where it tells me under TomTom Traffic and Current subscriptions that I have HD Traffic W. Europe with subscription expired (this was my TT 950 Live which has now been rehoused) and then I have a Buy Traffic Subscription with the one day, one month and the one year options. I am logged into TomTom's site and it still gives me the same.
I cannot get the traffic bar down the right hand side, only this subscription page. I have had this escalated to second level by TT but the first guy I spoke to admitted to me he had no idea.
Anyone have any ideas please? Sorry for the long message.
Doug
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug, Have you used the same e-mail account to register for the Live services on your iPhone as your Go-950 Live? If so this is the problem, the stupid servers at TomTom cannot handle multiple devices from the same e-mail account.

Really stupid part is this is supposed to be a security "feature" but you can register any device/ app with a made up e-mail account if you want to as long as its in the format of "aaa@bbb.com" it will be accepted, even "M.Mouse@Disney.co.uk" would work.

Obviously you won't get e-mails from TomTom on the made up e-mail account but who cares, if this is indeed the case you need to talk to TT CS (0845 161 0009) and mention two devices registered with the same e-mail account and get them to transfer one of them to something that will work - Mike
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,
Yes, I had my 950 registered with the same email address. It is now with Fatreg!
no wonder my account is still showing my old subscription. Thought they would know that! Will give them a ring again.
Thanks Mike
Doug
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:22 pm    Post subject: Many thanks! Reply with quote

Mike,
Rang tt support and did as you suggested. Worked a treat, thank you. Mentioned this website to him and told him that he had learnt something for the future.
Thanks again
Doug
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear they "found" a solution, the current one e-mail address per device is somewhat a joke to be honest and I personally fail to see how this can be suggested as a security "feature" - Mike
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to suggest this idea to him and then he kept trying to get me to log in using my normal email address. I then suggested that we log in using my new email address and he put one days worth of subscription in there and when found to be working, put the other 14 months in there. So a good result, thank you. I quite like this TomTom version although I have Co-Pilot etc as well. a fight now to see which one I use now!!
Doug
Wink

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: