Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Dconnex DC-230 = Holux GM 230?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Dconnex DC-230 = Holux GM 230?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zorba
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty happy with the hardware so far although, as I said, I wouldn't like to have battery trouble or warranty trouble with it. The seller on eBay wasn't very talkative and the postage time and cost was pretty dire. But consistent - if you looked at his feedback and also the actual auction description, it was fairly clear that it took a long time.

Handy hint - if you live/spend time inside the M60 and you have a Nokia 3650 or 6600 you might be interested in the Tomtom Citymap for Manchester (there's one for London too I believe) - Handango do them for a fiver if I remember rightly. Pairs up nicely with the dconnex, plus you get nice little features like 'ignore one way streets' (if you're on foot) and POIs like 'nearest cashpoint'...
Jon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:54 pm    Post subject: e-bay DCONNEX DC-230 Reply with quote

This has been good looking at the topic, it has been helpfull. I now know that I wont get the reciever for my hols in 2 weeks and I also know that it works well. Bit of a pain, I wish I had gone earlier to e-bay. Would have been quicker but the pay-pal is being a real pain :x with an initial balance of £0.00 - the point of that is what Question

I look forward to reading how you guys find the device as I have 3 weeks to wait foe my go. Mr. Green
Judgey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have ordered one of these from Ebay also and was wondering if anyone had any further info as to weather this is a rebadged Holux or something else.
I cannot find anything much regarding this unit on the web and am starting to worry about support etc.
Even the DCONNEX Online Shop seems to have been closed down.

Any info would be useful.
Judgey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had my DCONNEX DC-230 for a little while now and am very pleased with it. It is way better than the old Haicom CF GPS I had before and picks up a signal easily, even indoors sometimes. Also has a decent battery life and no issue linking up with my HP 2210 via BlueTooth.

If you see one of these for sale at a good price, go for it, it is the same as the Holux, being manufactured by the same OEM company. :D
cheapw
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject: DC-230 Help Reply with quote

Hello all,
I've just received the dc-230 from the buyer as above, but I can't get a lock...I've tried indoor, near the windows and also outside but the orange light (which should blink when locked on satellites) is steady fixed....anyone could help?...there's some software on palm or pc (free) that could be used to test the gps signal?
Please help!
Judgey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can suggest is to use the App that came on the install CD, this will work on PC.

You could try the Holux web site and see if they have a Palm app for GPS, I imagine they do.

www.holux.co.uk

Remember to set the baud rate to 9600 in whatever app you are using.

Sorry I couldn't be more help

Cheers

Judgey

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: