Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT3 has disappeared from my 2210!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT3 has disappeared from my 2210!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pauley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: TT3 has disappeared from my 2210!! Reply with quote

Hit a snag today. Not turned my 2210 on for a while and when I powered it up I couldn't find Navigator 3. My CF card still says its 120 meg full so I presume its there but how can I now launch it. I installed TT3 to main memory and maps to cf card. There is nothing in the program files to suggest I have the software though.
Any ideas anyone?
Cheers
seanm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same thing happened to me.
CF Card maps were ok, but the application was removed from internal RAM.
iPAQ Hard Resets if battery discharges by the look of it.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navigator lives in \Program Files\Navigator.

It sounds as if you've let the iPAQ's battery go flat. When you turned it on again, did it make you go through the screen alignment and similar? If so, the battery had gone completely flat, which wipes the RAM, just the same as an intentional hard reset. Your storage card will still be intact, but all RAM resident data will have gone.

The best thing to do is leave your iPAQ on charge when you're not using it - Lithium Ion batteries prefer to be topped up rather than left discharged. Using iPAQ Backup would have given you a relatively easy way to restore your setup (I'd also consider the cheap upgrade from iPAQ Backup to the full Premium version of Sprite Backup - see the information at http://www.spritesoftware.com - I'm using Sprite Backup Premium Edition 3.0.0 on my 3970).

If your battery went flat, you need to reinstall everything that's not on your storage cards.

David
pauley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that, I'll learn from my mistake next time!!
Cheers
Paul
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you didn't have to go through the screen alignment process the you probably hadn't let the battery go flat.

In some circumstances the TTN Icon goes astray, everything is still installed and you can browse to the Navigator folder and manually launch TTN. The solution in this case is to recreate the shortcut to the Navigator.exe and paste it into Windows | Start Menu | Programs Thumbs Up
Mearns
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I let my 2210 battery go flat yesterday Embarassed . Had a dead screen then couldn't get it to accept a charge at first - then got a few minutes charge before it died again. It had just enough juice to start up and hang on the initial page after soft resetting, but after a combination of hard and soft resetting, taking the battery in and out and threatening it with violence (shades of Basil Fawlty), it finally gave in and started charging properly.

Tried to restore from the Sprite backup on my SD card and for the second time out of two occasions I've had to do this in the past year, Sprite let me down. It failed to reinstall Checkpoint, lost my Favourites file, and one or two other problems, plus somehow I've ended up with a different voice on TT3.....I think when I upgraded to TT3 I somehow kept the TT2 voice but this restore changed that.
ahmurray
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 11:07 am    Post subject: Fix available for HP 2210 Power Drain with SD Cards Reply with quote

People,

Salvation is at hand!

I had the same problem with my 2210 - I keep it locked in my car glove compartment and only use it occasionally. Went to enter an address for a long trip only to find the whole thing blank. Very annoying...

I have since discovered that there is a problem with the 2210 and SD cards in that the SD card drains the battery even when the 2210 is not in use.

Good news is there is a fix - a BIOS/ROM upgrade for the 2210 that fixes the problem. if you are on 1.0 (you'd expect a few issues with a 1.0 release!) then you need to go to 1.1. If you do a soft reset, the splash screen will tell you what version you are on.

Bad news is that the upgrade also completely wipes everything on the PDA, so if you are in a position where you have to re-install, do the BIOS upgrade first!!!!

I have had no problems since, apart of course from TT3 being nothing but trouble and driving me insane with its dropouts and nonsensical address lookups!

Download the upgrade from here:

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/HandheldiPAQ/us/download/20498.html

Cheers,

Ali
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ROM upgrade is recommended - though as I'm not a 2210 user I can't comment on specifics.

I've never had Sprite Backup fail to restore properly, though it helps if you don't reset the time and date until after you've restored (otherwise you can get problems restoring the notifications database). If you haven't already upgraded to version 3.0.0, it's highly recommended you do so - it contains months worth of debugging after 2.1.4 (it was originally going to be called version 2.3, but there were so many changes they decided to release as 3.0.0 - there's no charge to upgrade if you're a current version 2 user).

David
Dilldog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
In some circumstances the TTN Icon goes astray, everything is still installed and you can browse to the Navigator folder and manually launch TTN. The solution in this case is to recreate the shortcut to the Navigator.exe and paste it into Windows | Start Menu | Programs Thumbs Up

I did wonder if that disappearing icon thing was a bug - on mine it reverted back to the windows program icon. I thought it was down to me installing on my SD card....

I let my 2210 go flat once - iPAQ backup worked a treat, though Thumbs Up

Once is just part of the learning process Wink

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: