Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Only half of Live services working (940 GO)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Only half of Live services working (940 GO)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gitster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject: Only half of Live services working (940 GO) Reply with quote

Noticed a while back my Google search wasn't working well, thought it was a bad signal, anyway yesterday noticed that GPS fix and Weather is also not working.
When i go into "My Live Services" shows that Google, Weather and GPS are out of date? but rest of services are in date?

Then takes me to a screen where it says services are active, but can renew for £47.50 for 1 year, then as i've already paid i select "No" then it goes back to search screen?

Even TomTom are struggling for a fix, anybody else experienced this?

Had the 940 since release, been faultless, but now this, and to make things worse, i now have a factory set unit after following advice from TomTom Rolling Eyes
cazian
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Live Services on my Go Live 750 haven't been working for the past 3 hours (so no warning of the 25 minute delay I got stuck in trying to get off the M4 Junction 11 westbound at lunchtime today!)

Is there a problem with the server for HD Traffic and the other services, or is there a fault with my unit or my account, I wonder? I have just tried to ring TomTom support, but the recorded message says they're extremely busy and to call back later - perhaps others are also having trouble.

Oh, yes, if it helps, "Error Code 148" eventually shows up after the unit gives up trying to connect to the server. I have a good signal strength for the mobile network (checking the signal metre on the status network screen, so that shouldn't be the problem.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a few glitches with HD traffic late morning when it spent ages trying to download then eventually rebooted. It did this several times but seems OK again now.

In response to the original question, I would suggest that the information on the TT Server about your account expiration is incorrect, as your unit downloads this information when it connects, I do not see this problem as being on your unit.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just got back from Leeds - no LIVE services at all since approx 15:45.

They were working fine this morning on the way to Leeds - looks like yet another TT LIVE Server issue - regular as clockwork - every two weeks!!!
cazian
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got through to TomTom technical support. They confirmed that the problem is at their end - it's a worldwide issue and they are still working on it to get the service up and running again. The advice they are giving is to try again in a few hours and to contact them on Monday if there are still problems.

At least I can probably rule out a faulty sat nav or SIM card.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is odd as I had problems this morning where it was rebooting the unit but this afternoon it has worked but a little different. It first shows the grey traffic bar, then it shows a grey traffic bar with a yellow triangle and if you look at the traffic it says "no info available", then a minute later it works as usual. It is working as I type (18:14 Fri) showing the same incidents as the route planner. (I am currently near the M25/M1 junction).
Gitster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is very weird, been having slight issues with google search for a while, but the strange thing is, half of my services work and show in date, and half don't and show out of date, even though i'm fully paid up?

So i'm getting half of the service?

I've now put the device back to original condition and still it's not working?

Never had any probs in all the time i've owned it, but this is driving me mad! Sad
stiggy_sawdust
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having same HD Traffic problems on 550 live. Google, fuel and weather ok but traffic not worked for two days.
This is second time within two weeks. Fed up of resetting to factory setting at TT request especially as it makes not one bit of difference.
Last week after sending all the info requested by TT (Home INFO, and screen dumps etc) it suddenly started working again the next day, so I beleive it is a problem at TT's end.
Just sent everything again to TT but do not suppose it will be working before Tuesday. Wish I had stuck to the Garmin that I tried out before buying this pile of cr**p

Huawei P30
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a TT fault, but a total electric blackout here, near the M25/M1 junction, running on UPS. Everything here is blackout, so shuting down to preserve UPS for emergency only.
shires999
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gitster wrote:
This is very weird, been having slight issues with google search for a while, but the strange thing is, half of my services work and show in date, and half don't and show out of date, even though i'm fully paid up?

So i'm getting half of the service?

I've now put the device back to original condition and still it's not working?

Never had any probs in all the time i've owned it, but this is driving me mad! Sad

I get the same thing on my XL Live. Weather, Google and GPSFix have an expiry of 07/01/2010 but Cameras, Traffic and Fuel show as 07/08/2010
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Wish I had stuck to the Garmin that I tried out before buying this pile of cr**p

Hardly fair. I've been using the HD Traffic for a year and it's been great over the length of the country. There have been a few outages from time to time but Garmin could easily suffer the same issues.
spook51
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday (Friday) I left Rochester soon after midday for Chesterfield. Traffic on my 940 suggested I use the Blackwall Tunnel (which I took) rather than the Dartford Crossing where I could see long queues of stationary traffic on the approach and later advised of up to seven incidents en route, on the M25 and M1.

Several times it offered quicker alternative routes which I initially ignored. As I neared the first hold up, it showed the distance and duration correctly; the same with the second. Further north on the M1 the holdup was subtanstial so I turned off the motorway south of Leicester to rejoin it further on. The only oddity was when I was routed off and back on at Junction 27 - I assumed the hold up had cleared as I approached the exit slip road but rather than risk it, I took the exit and drove the rest of the way on A and B roads.

The journey took much longer than the usual three hours door to door but at no time did I find the Traffic element of Live was not working; I didn't use the other features though - and this morning TomTom emailed to say they've extended my subscription Smile
Gitster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shires999 wrote:
I get the same thing on my XL Live. Weather, Google and GPSFix have an expiry of 07/01/2010 but Cameras, Traffic and Fuel show as 07/08/2010

Ok mate, but do the one that are showing out of date still work?

This is definately sounding like a TT fault and not the device Wink
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
Quote:
Wish I had stuck to the Garmin that I tried out before buying this pile of cr**p

Hardly fair. I've been using the HD Traffic for a year and it's been great over the length of the country. There have been a few outages from time to time but Garmin could easily suffer the same issues.

As well as my TT XL Live IQ I also run Garmin on my phone at the ame time. TT HD traffic is 99% correct and the Garmin only about 65%, too many false positives. TT just need to sort out the outrages.
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Only half of Live services working (940 GO) Reply with quote

Gitster wrote:
Then takes me to a screen where it says services are active, but can renew for £47.50 for 1 year, then as i've already paid i select "No" then it goes back to search screen

I had this problem on Saturday afternoon but it was OK on Friday. I haven't used my device since so can't confirm if OK now, just thought I'd let you know you're not alone!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: