Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Cameras on Tom Tom XL IQ Routes?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Cameras on Tom Tom XL IQ Routes?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daveyboy1812
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Cameras on Tom Tom XL IQ Routes? Reply with quote

The database listing says that it is not compatible with version 2 of the XL IQ. There is no mention whatsoever of the version 1 which is the one I have. The only one I can find is the ONE XL. Would the OV2 files work with my unit andf if I download the database to try it and it doesn't work, will it do any damage to my unit rendering it ionoperable?
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can test it quite easily - download any of our free POIs and if it works, the camera database will work.

Putting POIs on your device won't do any harm - they are simply data files, not active stuff.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: TOM TOM XL IQ Routes Reply with quote

daveyboy1812 wrote:
The database listing says that it is not compatible with version 2 of the XL IQ. There is no mention whatsoever of the version 1 which is the one I have. The only one I can find is the ONE XL.

That's simply because no-one tends to call anything a "version 1" UNTIL there is a version 2! When and if that happens, it is almost impossible to update every single reference on the internet to reflect the change.

But in this case, TomTom themselves do not refer to your model as the "XL IQ Routes v1" either. All they have done (as usual) is confuse people by adding a TINY number "2" in the middle of the name.

The database and voice warnings WILL work on an XL IQ Routes, so long as there isn't a tiny 2 in the name.

Last edited by Andy_P on Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total
redvers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TomTom OV2 files are working fine on the IQ XL Live 1 that I bought from Amazon earlier this week! The .ogg files are a bit quiet, but the cameras on my journey to work were certainly picked up!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redvers wrote:
The .ogg files are a bit quiet, but the cameras on my journey to work were certainly picked up!

Not much we can do about that I'm afraid. They just about match the "real" navigation voice in level, but if you have TTS voices they will definitely be a bit quieter. I've been asking TT for more control of the various sound sources (or to just turn down the TTS voices a bit so the y match everything else) for years, but it falls on deaf ears.

They should have all been boosted to the loudest digital level before distorting badly, but it's worth trying one of the other warning voice packs to see if a different one "cuts through" a bit better on your unit.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: