Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - camera error perhaps?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

camera error perhaps?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richard_tricky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: camera error perhaps? Reply with quote

Hi looking at the database the camera on the a4 Talgarth road - North end road eastbound, London (MONITRON:55239@30, Heading:75, Single Direction) could possibly be wrong?

I know its a Redspeed device, but looking on the London safety camera partnership its listed as a red light version? but the pocketgps lists this as a speed camera

http://www.lscp.org.uk/?cameras&cameraID=1025

On their website they list only 2 locations that are using the speed and redlight facility of these cameras and they a located in different parts of london

Any ideas?? or are we just being cautious the maybe one day it will be both?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to agree with you....
RedSpeed cameras (as in the function rather then the brand-name) do usually tend to have the secondary evidence white lines painted across the junction, and a quick look on streetview does seem to imply that there aren't any at this location.

However, I had to eat my words a few months ago, when a found some fairly conclusive evidence that even the old-fashioned Gatso redlight cameras can be modified for use as redspeed cameras, and who knows if they go back and add the road lines if they switch those over to measure speed as well?

Plus of course, AFAIK there's no actual requirement for the secondary white lines on ANY speed camera, it's just a recommendation.

To be honest though, does it really matter that much? I'd be perfectly happy if the "redlight" category was abolished (on the "speed-zoned" download at least) and ALL of them were put into the various speed limit categories for fixed cameras.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: