Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigon 70 Series
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigon 70 Series
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peat - I've just remembered I had a similar query earlier about POIs and 'Nearby' and asked Navigon about them. I posted some info they provided on July 16 in
Quote:
It's here - Michelin Green Guides
I don't know if either of these suggestions are any good to you - they may not be any easier than what you are having to do now.

Also, two assumptions

- operation of these facilities is basically the same on both the current series models (yours) and the earlier series (mine);

- MyPOIs IS treated the same by Navigon as their own supplied ones.

Anyway, JIC it's of interest/help.

EDIT - btw (though I guess you've already found it) on my device the radius setting for 'Nearby' seems to be 10000 (as it's the same for EU & US Presumably it's yards for us) - obviously another possible setting for tweaking!! Thumbs Up
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I suspected, it WAS a mistake - the 70 Live has just been bumped up to £279.95 . Fingers crossed they honour my order at the original price. Confused
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Navigon Reply with quote

Sure they will, and still less expensive than the 40 Premium Live (£299)...!

Let us know how you get on with it
Nexus 6p, Apple iPhone 6sPlus and Microsoft Lumia 950xl running TomTom, Garmin, CoPilot, Navigon, Sygic, Here Drive, Google, Waze, MS Maps
lads2000
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete I wondered how you got on by increasing the number of pois you could add? Have you tried this and if so did it effect the speed on these new units as mentioned by jonandmark? I'm interested in this for when I get my unit.

Cheers lads
lads2000
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigPerk wrote:
As I suspected, it WAS a mistake - the 70 Live has just been bumped up to £279.95 . Fingers crossed they honour my order at the original price. Confused

Have you heard anything about your order? I ordered mine on the 3rd Sept before the price was raised. I'm still waiting to see if they will honor my price as well. I have looked at my orders on their website and still showing as not sent.

I hoping that because it has been so long this is good news and thinking I have a grounds for a complaint if they do not honor it now with no information for so long.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pretty confident they will honour it, after all price changes happen all the time while prior orders are being processed. In any case, if they tried to back out, I'd be asking what the German contract law is when someone has offered to buy and it has been accepted, and payment has been made and accepted. If it's anything like english law, they have a binding contract.

I have just emailed them to check on the status of my order though, as the website still shows 2/3 weeks for delivery.
lads2000
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The web site says the same for me. Let me know how you get on and I can do the same and chase it also if we both try we may get more of a result.

Do you think the 70 Premium Live is different to the 70 Premium? could this be why they are showing as longer delivery times? as the 70 premium is showing as 2-3 days. could it be they are trying to get a supply of the 70 with the live model integrated?
michaelj2
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: navigon 70 Series Reply with quote

I actually called them last Friday to see where my order is as 2 weeks have lapsed and it still shows as undelivered. A very pleasant person told me that they cannot give a delivery date yet.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received a reply a whole 49 minutes after I emailed them - as someone says in another thread, their support is absolutely 'appalling' Rolling Eyes

The answer was the same as michaelj2's - no date can be given yet.

I would say, lads2000, that the Premium and Premium Live look identical at the back, and seem to have the same technical specification. But I would hazard a guess (and it IS a guess) that, even if the Premium has a SIM card recess under the cover, the circuitry for the Live services may not have been set up. Can't really tell though unless Navigon offer a Live upgrade later for the Premium - integrated, or a separate plug-in module as in the 40?

There's obviously something they are waiting for before they can ship the Live - as you say the Premium is effectively available 'now'.
Skintdad678
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Navigon 70 Live delivery date Reply with quote

I too ordered a Navigon 70 Live, on 3rd September. I emailed them earlier today about a delivery date and they cannot give me one at the moment. However, there is a manual at this address which may help whilst waiting:
http://www.navigon.com/portal/common/Download/Manual/PNA/NAVIGON70/English_manual.pdf

Expected release date of TomTom 1005 is September 26th - should I wait for the Navigon?

Decisions, decisions!

Trevor
lads2000
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looking at the specs on the last pages of that manual the dimensions of the unit is very slightly bigger and heavier than the Premium 70. I would suspect that Navigon are waiting for the units to be delivered with the live intergrated.

Can any current Premium 70 users check theirs to see if there is a hatch at the back of the unit that will contain the sim card.

Looking at the manual because the sim card can be got at does this mean after the 15mths are up that we can change the sim to our own choice.

All looks interesting stuff to me.
Skintdad678
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

70 Live is still showing as 2 to 3 week delivery. I have just recieved my credit card statement and they took payment on 3rd September - the day I ordered it. A bit cheeky! I guess the good news is that they have only taken the original advertised price of £229 (which must have been a mistake considering it is now £279)
I have emailed again; just waiting for reply.
lads2000
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In sum respect this is good news. This means they have Entered into a binding contract and must now honour it at the £229 price the down side is there is no news on how long the wait will be.
Skintdad678
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just recieved a reply from Navigon with some good news:

"I have good news for you: The current status is that the delivery will begin end of this week, latest beginning of next week. "

Can't wait now!
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Skintdad678, that's GOOD news! If Navigon do start by the weekend, I should be able to get my ebay ad rolling.

Not wanting to be a worrier, but if anyone is going to use Fresh for any updates more or less immediately on a new unit, there have been a couple of people complaining that their new ones (can't remember if they were New Series) got 'bricked' by the Fresh update process - couldn't get past the first screen.

These were software updates I think, so more 'trivial' changes may be ok. BUT, one of them had not done a backup first either, so was in a BIT of a mess - you have been warned. Twisted Evil Fresh has been a bit chequered in recent months.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 4 of 15

Jump to: