Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigon 70 Series
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigon 70 Series
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigPerk wrote:
Quote:
some people just love to complain about anything and iPhone people tend to complain most?

True enough, jonandmarkuk - and it seems that those on Navigon's FaceBook pages seem to moan the MOST most. Laughing

I got bored of the Navigon page, seems to be full of iPhone users who don't even bother to specify they have a iPhone and not a PND.
Navigon would be better off creating a specific page for the iPhone app Smile (in fact I think they tried too, but people ignored it)
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still visiting Navigon's Facebook page very occasionally, and see that someone recently asked about being able to upgrade an 8410 to series 70, to which Navigon replied
Quote:
stay tuned to the next update of the 8410
So there MAY be good news coming for at least some owners of the current model range.

That's assuming there are any Navigon users left on these forums of course - I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth still talking to myself here either (er, no rude comments please)!! Joker . Still hopefully no posts means no problems at the moment Cheers! .

All this of course won't affect me, as the owner of an ancient 8310, no doubt about to be thrown out of the ark. Crying (the satnav that is, not ME!). Until, that is, September/October, when the 70 Live is due Thumbs Up .
tornaway
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem is BP that Navigon (and all the others) are forever bringing out new models or upgrading the old so it's very frustrating to find the one you have just bought is now obsolete.

Me, I bought the 4310 just 2 months ago and what do I find? it's already been superseeded by the newer 40 series, you just can't win.
Burn In Hell
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to hear from someone out there! I know what you mean tornaway - I've been holding off until now exactly because of that (waiting for the integrated Live module). But one good thing with them is that they do try to provide upgrades for one generation at least. That's why their latest comment makes me hope that your model may also get an update option to the new series software, which would then allow (amongst other things) direct user input of POIs.
michaelj2
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:44 pm    Post subject: Navigon 70 Series Reply with quote

Just to make you happy some of us are still here! I am anxiously waiting for the new 70 Live model and watch these forums every day for you to tell us that its available.
lads2000
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also looking at this thread with anticipation. I currently using a Tom Tom 750 Live. I have the Navigon on my iPhone but feel I need a seperate divice with a bigger screen for navigation so not relying on the iphone only. I'm waiting for the 70 live to become available as this seems to tick all the boxes for me.

I do a lot of travel around the UK so the live services are essential but the more I use the tom tom I'm dissapointed and feel that it isn't quite there compaired to the Navigon. I really like some of the functions of the navigon like the 3D terrain and the my routes, I also really like the fact where the navigon shows you the planned route before you have to accept it where as the tom tom you just have to trust it will pick the best route which a lot of time it doesn't especially if it finds traffic.
peat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone own a 70 premium? Im looking at that sat nav but cant find any reviews or hands on or anything.

Cheers
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Navigon 70 Reply with quote

I believe its released next week at the IFA show in Berlin - with the updated Live services offering

Will be a tight call between that, the new TomTom 1000 and if Garmin release something like the 3790 with Live Module

Now if we could combine all three, we would either have one great do-it-all unit or one constantly resetting due to poorly tested software!

Probably going to wait until after the show to make my next sat nav purchase...
Nexus 6p, Apple iPhone 6sPlus and Microsoft Lumia 950xl running TomTom, Garmin, CoPilot, Navigon, Sygic, Here Drive, Google, Waze, MS Maps
peat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one that doesn't want live services?
Are navigons as a whole ok? I keep reading horror stories about their terrible customer service.
tornaway
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, you're not the only one that has no interest in live services, and their C/S is nowhere near as bad as Tom tom.

I'd say they were about average for C/S.
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Customer Service and Live Services Reply with quote

I think Garmin, Navigon and TomTom all have users with superb and pretty awful experiences of customer services - and some of us have had both levels from the same company, so I guess its just a case of keeping everything crossed - or fixing it yourself if something goes wrong!

As far as live services go, my main interest in them is as a reliable receiver for traffic information - as FM TMC simply doesn't pick up in most of the areas I drive, most of my time. For that reason alone, my next unit (i think) HAS to be live
Nexus 6p, Apple iPhone 6sPlus and Microsoft Lumia 950xl running TomTom, Garmin, CoPilot, Navigon, Sygic, Here Drive, Google, Waze, MS Maps
lads2000
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:21 pm    Post subject: Live Services Reply with quote

I have been using my live services on my Tom Tom and have them on the Navigon iphone app. Although they are really good at quoting a realistic time of getting home and the traffic appears to be in the correct place, I am wondering how useful the service actually is? on the occassion I have let the service rediredect me it was a suspect route. I also find the saving in time for the directions is only a few minutes difference which sometimes isn't worth the effort. Most of my experiences are with the Tom Tom as this is my everyday system. I do like the fact that the navigon give you a view of the redirected route prior to you taking it and I like that I'm not guessing the route as in the tom tom.

However does everybody think Live is of benefit to redirecting around a traffic jam?
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Live Services Reply with quote

It is good to hear from someone with experience of both Navigon and TomTom live services - I think my main question to you would be is one clearly better (more info received) than the other? Would really appreciate an answer on that!

With regards to how it would be used - I agree often it is just as easy to stick with the jammed route as route around it. Thats why that route has become the jammed one - its the easiest! But at least you can know / prepare for it if it informs you and make an informed choice. As it is now, I head into jams without my satnav alerting me

That is what I would like from Live Services from any provider
lads2000
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both seemed acurate although I do find the Tom Tom was more accurate at where the jam finished and time of arrival.
However I have heard the Navigon systems get more accurate the more you use them due to your individual driving styles. I don't use my iphon all that often so may be cannot give a complete review. waiting to get the Premium 70 but need to decide if I continue to get the Live services.
michaelj2
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:52 am    Post subject: navigon 70 Series Reply with quote

I have ordered mine. Delivery 2 to 3 weeks they say.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 2 of 15

Jump to: