Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom LIVE Services now £47.50 / Year
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom LIVE Services now £47.50 / Year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seamaster
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seamaster wrote:
gatorguy6996 wrote:
...customers who already paid one year subscription will see their remaining months of services to be doubled...

Fair play to Tomtom for that. A gesture I appreciate. Has anyone checked the Live services on their unit to see if their dates have been extended?

Just checked mine, they haven't.

I'll drop them a line.
Mally1957
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Just had a reply from TT - I can keep monthly payments - they will automatically go down to £3.99 next month, however if I cancel I wont be able to go back to monthly. As there is virtually no saving paying a year upfront I'm keeping to monthly.

Seems this has happened this is a copy of the email received today from Tomtom

We wish to inform you that we have collected the fee of GBP3.99 for your 'LIVE EU' subscription. The transaction may appear on your statement as Bibit or as Tom Tom.

Please review the following information and keep this email for future reference. Thank you for your order.

PURCHASE INFORMATION

Product: LIVE EU
Order Type: Monthly Subscription
Purchase date: 06/16/10
Customer Name:
Customer Email:

A now retired Tomtom 940 v9.541.3145439.1 OS:1493118, GPS v1.20 Boot 5.5120, West Europe Map v1025.9386
gatorguy6996
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom has also clarified what devices are now shipping with one year free Live. I thought it would be just the upcoming 1000 series but no. They also extended the offer to new purchasers of the XL LIVE, or GO 550/750/950 LIVE. Between this offer and the half-price to current subscribers, TomTom is giving their Live services a chance to succeed. Uptake on the subscription services has been poor so far with the relatively high pricing for fairly limited services. Rolling a subscription in with the cost of the device is the same tactic Garmin is employing with their 1690 in North America. In my opinion, this is a good move for both TomTom and it's customers.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:

I've tried the dud email address, doesn't do anything (actually accepts it and changes my account registered email address. Going back and re-entering my proper address doesn't make any difference!!)

I also tried a Factory reset. Equally no result (fortunately I don't have a great deal in Mapsettings.cfg).

I have a suspicion I may have another dud unit - but it worked OK until I paid for the HD Services!

This had to happen two days before I go off on holiday taking it with me (Greece map on it)! I wonder what the chances are of TT sorting it out before I go - then I'll be out of the country for three weeks whilst they are answering me and telling me to format, download, clearflash, kiss my ******* and all that lot. And if I don't answer they'll close the "issue", "challenge", "question". Evil or Very Mad

Have you done the clearflash and the power button reset as well?

I had something similar a while ago whilst experimenting with Nav 9 - can't remember how I sorted it but a full reset, a few clearflashes and a reload of Navcore and maps on a freshly formatted device spring to mind Surprised

Worth a go Dennis if you have a few hours to kill ..........

Edit - just had a thought - you do still have a UK map on there don't you? Nav9 has always been a bit odd if it hasn't got a satellite lock and knows which country it is in (ie set your Home location), especially after a reset.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Andy, I've done all of them - Factory reset, power reset, App reload, Clearflash (at least 4 times including repeats when it suggests it hasn't installed correctly).

For the record, you have now come up with at least two more suggestions than TT's first reply (they've only come uip with Factory reset, Power reset and log in to My Account again. In my reply to them saying that's not worked, I added "This is urgent - I'm going away on holiday tomorrow night. I wonder if they'll notice?

By the way, Mike is sitting in Blackpool saying "It's your own fault - I told you to take the bluddy thing back for a refund!" Evil or Very Mad

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Seamaster
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seamaster wrote:
Seamaster wrote:
gatorguy6996 wrote:
...customers who already paid one year subscription will see their remaining months of services to be doubled...

Fair play to Tomtom for that. A gesture I appreciate. Has anyone checked the Live services on their unit to see if their dates have been extended?

Just checked mine, they haven't. I'll drop them a line.

And thusly did Holland respond:

I've been informed that your service should be automatically extended by our system in the near future. Please keep an eye on your expiration dates for this.
Seamaster
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seamaster wrote:
Seamaster wrote:
Seamaster wrote:
gatorguy6996 wrote:

Just checked mine, they haven't. I'll drop them a line.

And thusly did Holland respond: I've been informed that your service should be automatically extended by our system in the near future. Please keep an eye on your expiration dates for this.

And, good as their word, my 12 month subscription taken out last month has been extended to 2012 according to My Services on the device. Credit where it's due — that's a good show from Tomtom.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Likewise has mine which has put TomTom up in my books.
psyskiesman
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Extended Live Services Reply with quote

I bought my Go 740 in December 2009 when it came with one month's free Live Services. In January I paid a six months subscription to take me to July 9th. I've just checked on my device now, and Tomtom have kindly extended my subscription to August 4th. I have no complaints with Tomtom customer services; only peeved that I knackered my old 720 trying to change the battery.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
"This is urgent - I'm going away on holiday tomorrow night. I wonder if they'll notice?

By the way, Mike is sitting in Blackpool saying "It's your own fault - I told you to take the bluddy thing back for a refund!" Evil or Very Mad

Enjoy your Hols - and I agree with Mike Laughing

Will be quiet on here without you
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very nice young lady tried to help me today, but unfortunately when she called my GO550 junked the connection, then later I was out of signal. But she's referred it up to 2nd line and they have a very small window tomorrow morning before I'm abroad trying to do something from a netbook without any links, bookmarks or TT Home. I can just see me doing nightmares over some dodgy Greek bar wi-fi!! Rolling Eyes

It's all right for you agreeing with Mike. I'm just a fat old man the council told off this week - they left my new lawnmower box uncollected for recycling - "Too big to go in our lorry - Please fold it to no bigger than 45cm and put it out again next week". As an almost not 70-year-old, I am no longer the world's strongest man and folding cardboard boxes is not one of my specialities. Nevertheless, I managed it in very short time - maybe a little bit less than it would have taken the recycling bloke hulk to find the self adhesive sticker saying make it smaller and sticking it on my box!

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
matthewj
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the topic of prior purchases of LIVE and free extensions since the price drop, I had a 12 month card bought and paid for at the old price, and not yet applied. I immediately applied it, and then asked TT whether I could get the extra 6 months some are getting. They have given me an extra 3 months. Not too bad I guess.
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JockTamsonsBairn wrote:
MrT wrote:
All my odd ones have disappeared this evening but no sign of any extension.
Ditto!!
Checked again, tonight, and the expiration is now June 2012 !!

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
TonyD
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrT wrote:
Likewise has mine which has put TomTom up in my books.

Me too, and I have also discovered that TT has just made available the iOS4 version of iPhone TT tonight. What has gone wrong Smile
lyskamm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mally1957 wrote:
Quote:
Just had a reply from TT - I can keep monthly payments - they will automatically go down to £3.99 next month, however if I cancel I wont be able to go back to monthly.

We wish to inform you that we have collected the fee of GBP 3.99 for your 'LIVE EU' subscription. The transaction may appear on your statement as Bibit or as Tom Tom.

Just a clarification: I had enquired Tomtom about my monthly subscription and I got this answer (received 16-06):

Quote:
Response XXXX G. (UK) 16/06/2010 07.49 AM
Dear Mr XXXXXX,

The reference number for your query is 100XXX-00XXXX.

Thank you for your email regarding your LIVE monthly subscription and your desire to cancel it. Before you finalise your decision, we have now also reduced the cost of the monthly services to GBP 4.99, and this will be reflected in your monthly charge from now

So what's the price of the monthly subscription now? 3.99 or 4.99?
Surprised

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: