Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - map update service.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

map update service.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inthe128
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: map update service. Reply with quote

Last December took up the offer of the Map updating service, paid me money and well what happens next, 6 months down the line not a sausage, not a peep. I understood that it was a 3 month period sort of deal for updates. At the moment I am on the Western and Central Europe map, 2gb V840.2562, never been offered anything map wise, but I see another Western and Central European map 2G with higher and I take it more up to date version numbers. has it all gone wrong for me or is this just normal.
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The current maps are v845 and were released in February.

If Home hasn't been offering an updated map when you "Update My Device", then yes, the process has gone wrong. I suggest you contact TomTom support, and have a copy of your invoice to hand.
matthewj
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And when you do get it all sorted, be sure to take a MANUAL backup before you start the update. See other threads for details!
inthe128
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, sent an email to support and got an answer back, well more some things to try.

This was the deal this morning, using home I update. I click on Maps and could see maps on my system, maps to buy etc. I have only a small East Europe map on the device the map I use is too big and is on an SD card. I change device and can see using the update button, I got got my map show as on device and also a newer version (it seemed to me) at 79€
Well this was this morning.

I just started TomTom home up again to go through the answers given to try and a home update was available, so downloaded that, the device shows a map available and the same thing shown when the device is changed to the SD card. I normally plug the TT in to do cameras and any updates, once a week, so today its seems have all changed, just as tech support write back......

Well I am backed up and downloading the map, 8 hours to go Rolling Eyes

Many thanks for the above comments
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you had subscribed for updates to a map that was on the SD card, then I suspect that in order to be offered updates for it, you would have had to select the SD card from the selection window when Home first starts.

Home isn't very clever.... Evil or Very Mad
inthe128
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an old 720, so for a while I had to use the device with a SD card as space is an issue, the maps are always downloaded, not bought on a card. I normally check the 720 when connected to home for updates, then change the device to SD card and do the same. It seems to me they just did something with my account when I emailed them, what i saw this morning via home is now different and that seems to have happened at some point since getting my support email this afternoon.

The download is going well, some server problems have stopped it a couple of times, ahh and just now, oh well
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And tomorrow (or Friday, or Monday or Tuesday ......) you can repeat the whole process and download v850 Laughing
inthe128
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Very Happy

Well i am off on my travels this Saturday for a week, so I will look forward to the even newer version on my return, although looking at the download, not sure this last one will downloaded before Saturday.......

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: