Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
Read the current newsletter! Weekly
Newsletter
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Luxury Villa at Watersong Davenport, Orlando, Florida for rent
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Apple's new iPad WiFi 3G reviewed.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple's new iPad WiFi 3G reviewed.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
alan_dr
Lifetime Member


Joined: Oct 14, 2006
Posts: 316
Location: Portsmouth, UK

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Evilution - great article!
_________________
Alan - iPhone 5 64GB, with CamerAlert, TomTom Europe & CoPilot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dj350z
Occasional Visitor


Joined: Feb 02, 2006
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:00 am    Post subject: No camera Reply with quote

A very informative and interesting review of the iPad. I am just wondering if the lack of a camera is a deliberate ploy from Apple to introduce at a later stage to keep sales moving!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff


Joined: Aug 31, 2005
Posts: 14502
Location: Bradford, West Yorkshire

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: No camera Reply with quote

dj350z wrote:
A very informative and interesting review of the iPad. I am just wondering if the lack of a camera is a deliberate ploy from Apple to introduce at a later stage to keep sales moving!


maybe. or maybe they just thought it was too big a device to be holding up to take photo's with. like you wouldn't expect to hold a netbook up to take a photo... would you?

MaFt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
MikeB
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff


Joined: 20/08/2002 11:51:57
Posts: 3858
Location: Essex, UK

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: No camera Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
dj350z wrote:
A very informative and interesting review of the iPad. I am just wondering if the lack of a camera is a deliberate ploy from Apple to introduce at a later stage to keep sales moving!


maybe. or maybe they just thought it was too big a device to be holding up to take photo's with. like you wouldn't expect to hold a netbook up to take a photo... would you?

MaFt

I dont think it is too big. It is certainly less heavy than my SLR camera and with such a big screen it would give an ideal preview.

I think it is more a case of they cant make a perfect device so lets see what users really want (and sell them the new device next year).
_________________
Mike Barrett
Editor, PocketGPSWorld.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff


Joined: Aug 31, 2005
Posts: 14502
Location: Bradford, West Yorkshire

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: No camera Reply with quote

MikeB wrote:
I dont think it is too big. It is certainly less heavy than my SLR camera and with such a big screen it would give an ideal preview.


ah, i never said anything about weight! and are you really comparing a digital SLR with a 'phone camera'?! would you honestly not feel self-concious holding up an iPad to take a photo?!

MaFt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
MikeB
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff


Joined: 20/08/2002 11:51:57
Posts: 3858
Location: Essex, UK

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: No camera Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
...would you honestly not feel self-concious holding up an iPad to take a photo?!...

Wouldnt bother me at all unless it was in an area where I might get mugged, but then I wouldnt get my SLR out there either...
_________________
Mike Barrett
Editor, PocketGPSWorld.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
dj350z
Occasional Visitor


Joined: Feb 02, 2006
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:50 am    Post subject: MobileMe & Sky Mobile Reply with quote

Does anyone know if you already subscribe to MobileMe and Sky Mobile TV can you use the relevant apps on the iPad without having to subscribe again?

Cheers
Dave
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MikeB
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff


Joined: 20/08/2002 11:51:57
Posts: 3858
Location: Essex, UK

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: MobileMe & Sky Mobile Reply with quote

dj350z wrote:
Does anyone know if you already subscribe to MobileMe and Sky Mobile TV can you use the relevant apps on the iPad without having to subscribe again?

Cheers
Dave

I dont know about the Sky Mobile TV but the MobileMe works great. I have it on both the iPhones and my iPad and the Macs and all is kept nicely in sync.
_________________
Mike Barrett
Editor, PocketGPSWorld.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
dj350z
Occasional Visitor


Joined: Feb 02, 2006
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: MobileMe & Sky Mobile Reply with quote

MikeB wrote:
dj350z wrote:
Does anyone know if you already subscribe to MobileMe and Sky Mobile TV can you use the relevant apps on the iPad without having to subscribe again?

Cheers
Dave

I dont know about the Sky Mobile TV but the MobileMe works great. I have it on both the iPhones and my iPad and the Macs and all is kept nicely in sync.


Thanks for the reply.
So you have iPhone as well as iPad and you only have one subscription to MobileMe. Is that correct?
Dave
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MikeB
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff


Joined: 20/08/2002 11:51:57
Posts: 3858
Location: Essex, UK

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: MobileMe & Sky Mobile Reply with quote

dj350z wrote:
MikeB wrote:
dj350z wrote:
Does anyone know if you already subscribe to MobileMe and Sky Mobile TV can you use the relevant apps on the iPad without having to subscribe again?

Cheers
Dave

I dont know about the Sky Mobile TV but the MobileMe works great. I have it on both the iPhones and my iPad and the Macs and all is kept nicely in sync.


Thanks for the reply.
So you have iPhone as well as iPad and you only have one subscription to MobileMe. Is that correct?
Dave

Yes, that is correct.

MobileMe works on as many devices as you have. I currently have it on 2 iPhones, 3 Macs and my iPad. MobileMe is all about sharing and syncing information between devices.

If I add or change a contact on my iPhone the changes appear pretty quickly on all my devices/computers. Likewise it allows me to share my email account over the various devices, files etc...
_________________
Mike Barrett
Editor, PocketGPSWorld.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
dj350z
Occasional Visitor


Joined: Feb 02, 2006
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, Mike. Very helpful.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff


Joined: Aug 31, 2005
Posts: 14502
Location: Bradford, West Yorkshire

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: MobileMe & Sky Mobile Reply with quote

MikeB wrote:
If I add or change a contact on my iPhone the changes appear pretty quickly on all my devices/computers. Likewise it allows me to share my email account over the various devices, files etc...


i use spanning sync on my macbook pro which syncs mobile me calendar and contacts with google calendar and gmail contacts- works both ways. so any contacts or events i change on mac or iphone or android phone are all synced together. i also use thunderbird for my emails along with both the 'lightning' calendar plug and 'provider for google calendar' meaning all calendars are also synced with my email program's calendar.

thinking about it sends my head funny, but it works a treat! the only 'issue' is that the macbook pro is the 'main' device so without this being on, things don't sync - i.e. you need to have spanning sync running for it all to work.

MaFt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
dj350z
Occasional Visitor


Joined: Feb 02, 2006
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Sky mobile TV Reply with quote

I have just had an email from Sky confirming that the subscription is only valid on one device and you have to pay another 6 to use on the iPad. There is a discount available if you subscribe to SkySports - which I don't, but then I probably wouldn't want it on the iPad then, anyway.
They can transfer the subscription from the iPhone onto the Ipad, which is what I will probably do when I get the iPad.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
alan_dr
Lifetime Member


Joined: Oct 14, 2006
Posts: 316
Location: Portsmouth, UK

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received a carrier update today (after a disasterous 3.2.1 update!) that changed my APN from three.co.uk to 3internet. Does anybody know if I should leave this setting or put it back as it was?
_________________
Alan - iPhone 5 64GB, with CamerAlert, TomTom Europe & CoPilot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Evilution
Regular Visitor


Joined: Apr 28, 2005
Posts: 61

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it works ok, leave it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message







Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Powered by phpBB 2.0.11 © 2001 phpBB Group
phpBB port v2.1 based on Tom Nitzschner's phpbb2.0.6 upgraded to phpBB 2.0.4 standalone was developed and tested by:
ArtificialIntel, ChatServ, mikem,
sixonetonoffun and Paul Laudanski (aka Zhen-Xjell).

Version 2.1 by Nuke Cops 2003 http://www.nukecops.com

Make a Donation



CamerAlert Database

Click here for the PocketGPSWorld.com Speed Camera Database

Download Speed Camera Database
18.114 (25 Nov 20)



WORLDWIDE SPEED CAMERA SPOTTERS WANTED!

Click here to submit camera positions to the PocketGPSWorld.com Speed Camera Database


12mth Subscriber memberships awarded every week for verified new camera reports!

Submit Speed Camera Locations Now


CamerAlert Apps



iOS QR Code






Android QR Code







Terms & Privacy


GPS Shopping