Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - (Camera data for..) TomTom One IQ Routes Edition
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

(Camera data for..) TomTom One IQ Routes Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulaThree
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning Andy,
Andy_P wrote:
PaulaThree wrote:

I still have a Drivesmart ....
One of the members here uploaded the PGPSW database on to it last year....

I don't remember you mentioning that.

I am sure I did hun but we were very heavily concentrating on all manner of discussion subjects apart from the Tom Tom. However I do have a few years on you so maybe my memory bank is deteriorating ..... Sad

As you referred to the Drivesmart "picking up handheld radar guns" I thought you meant it was a detector rather then using a database like the TomToms do.

If it isn't actually "detecting" but knows where the hand-held radar guns are lurking by previous knowledge, then it's no different from the TomTom and the PGPSW database - hand-held radar guns are in the "Mobiles" categories.

It does detect hand held radar guns, Darren Griffin confirmed so in his review...... See: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/drive-smart.php

Now, you're allowed to use your downloads of the database on up to three devices, so there's no problem if he used YOUR downloads, but if he put a copy that HE downloaded onto it, he could get into trouble for breaking the terms of the Licence, and if the data ever got out into the big wide world, he could get banned as it would be traceable back to him, so be careful with it!

I will need to discuss this with him but he did use my download if I remember correctly .

PaulaThree wrote:

I have asked Andy if he could come over when it's convenient to him and update the unit when he has a moment and I will double up the cake rations.

I must admit, I don't remember that either!

I do remember saying that in the future could you come over and look at my Drivesmart.

Very kind offer re: the cakes, but I probably wouldn't have the first idea how to load stuff onto the Drivesmart, I've never even seen one!

But it will be a great challenge for you .... Wink

Have a great day

Paula

Last edited by PaulaThree on Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:12 am; edited 2 times in total
PaulaThree
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please see my PS posted just now in my reply to MaFt yesterday.

However I apologise as this thread of mine is becoming seriously " Off Topic " now .... Embarassed
PaulaThree
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

If I get another TomTom for finding places, is it possible to run both my Drivesmart and a TT at the same time and if so, is there a double adaptor that allows you to do this from the single cigar lighter socket?

The Drivesmart has to be powered up but can the TomTom be used without it being connected to the 12volt supply if it's fully charged up and for how long?

Paula

Last edited by PaulaThree on Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
PaulaThree
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya,

AliOnHols wrote:
PaulaThree wrote:
......My Tom Tom is dead ..... Rolling Eyes Paula

Did you drop it in the Tea?

Laughing Laughing Worse than that but I am too embarassed to say .... Embarassed

The latest TT models have LIVE information about Petrol Prices, Google Searching, Traffic Info, etc. but I know nothing about these so can't advise one way or another.

However, for "old fashioned" SatNav duties, TomTom's OutLet Store has a selection of refurbished products.

In the (very) short time that you had your ONE IQ SatNav before you killed it did you like it? if so, it's on sale for £99.99, the XL IQ Routes Europe edition for £114.99 and the GO x30's start at £119.99.

Yes I did

If you do not want the Bluetooth, Built-in FM transmitter, mp3 player, etc. capabilities of the GO's, I'd suggest the XL IQ Routes Europe.

OK thanks and have a great trip

EDIT- You can get a further £8 off of the above prices by entering the code TOMTOM456 when ordering. (I wonder how much discount the code TOMTOM789 would give? if any)
PaulaThree
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone.

Bump

Paula

PaulaThree wrote:
Hi everyone,

If I get another TomTom for finding places, is it possible to run both my Drivesmart and a TT at the same time and if so, is there a double adaptor that allows you to do this from the single cigar lighter socket?

The Drivesmart has to be powered up but can the TomTom be used without it being connected to the 12volt supply if it's fully charged up and for how long?

Paula
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consider something like This if you want to power more than one device from a single socket, there are plenty of different types available, some with silly blue lights (like the one in the link) and others that offer more outputs - Mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out all the alternatives on the laft and right edges of Mike's link.

Maplins do a similar range and probably a bit cheaper.
PaulaThree
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Andy & Mike.

Lots to choose from.

Take care

Paula
PaulaThree
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning folks,

"TomTom has stopped supporting 3rd party POI proximity warning sounds in speed camera products."

Their official position is "TomTom Start2 and XL IQR2 still supports 3rd party POI, but TomTom has stopped supporting 3rd party POI proximity warning sounds in speed camera products. We do not comment on roadmaps or future products, but we continue to remain supportive of 3rd party developer content".

So there you have it, new models will no longer offer POI Warning functionality for third party POI data.

When I tested my TT last week after Andy kindly uploaded the PGPSW speed camera data to it, I went out in my car and when I came up to a Speed Camera, it still gave me the TT warning and symbol despite the TT data being disabled . I called Andy and we tested this particular camera and it gave the PGPSW warning. Puzzling !!!

Later that day I came up to another speed camera locally and all it did was show the TT speed camera symbol but no warning sounds at all whether TT's or PGPSW's.

G'rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!

Now for an admission and I did tell Andy about this after we he had completed the upload of the PGPSW data last week ( Paula is very embarrased ) but a couple of weeks earlier I left the unit on the bonnet of Richard's Volvo overnight ( with the LCD display pointing downwards ) and there was a small rain shower. I shook it and let it dry naturally and then blew cold air on it with my hairdryer. It worked perfectly OK luckily in all modes so I am sure that this did not cause the problems just mentioned.

So I wonder if my unit was having an internal electronic battle after Andy's good work, having read Darren's report (above) just now.

Another admission now ( Paula's even more embarrased now ) !!!!

I was so angry and frustrated with the TT, I tossed the damn thing out of the car's window and then killed it totally by running over it.

It sure made me feel really good, I can tell you..... Rolling Eyes

I called Andy and apologised that in effect I had wasted his time and also explained that as I did not have the original purchase receipt from Halfords last October, I could not return it.

The Tom Tom was given to me as a gift when my friend returned home to his country this May.

However it was great to meet Andy and the cake was good.... Very Happy

So I will never know if the rain had caused the aforementioned problems or not. Maybe my friend had damaged it in some way - who knows.

One day I will get another device but I gather that the Garmin is a good product too.

Paula

PS. Admission is good for the soul ..... Wink
PaulaThree
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning Guys,

This morning, I was reading replies to an AOL SatNav article and I am pleased to say that I am not the only person to chuck one out of the window ..... Rolling Eyes

Paula ... Smile

Have had a Garmin StreetPilot Sat Nav for years.

Struggle to use it. It picks some strange ways.

Recently went on a journey (a place we had not been before) as we got close to our destination it gave directions what road signs gave, was away from were we wanted to be, miles down some back roads, then round a bend lo and behold right to the places car park.

Will not call it again, would not have found it by myself in 2-years of Sundays.

Incidentally once thrown from the car when I could not get it to understand were I wanted to go, yet it still works.

Therefore, if I had to buy a new one it would be a Garmin.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: