Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - postcode freezing
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

postcode freezing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanduara37
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: postcode freezing Reply with quote

I have a TomTom one V3 8.10 which i upgraded to 8.204 and latest uk & roi maps everything works perfect except when i try to select option Navigate to then select (postcode) the unit just freezes then restarts itself.Any solutions gratefully accepted.

John
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go here and download the updated pc (845) file in the first post. Unzip the file and place the two UK files (and the 2 Netherland, if you want) in the zip folder in the root of the unit.

Then, try again.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, does it get as far as the postcode data entry screen with the keyboard displayed, or does it freeze as soon as you press Navigate To/ Address/ Postcode??

Try connecting it to your Computer and using TomTom Home on the PC choose "Operate My Go" using the virtual device on the PC click Navigate To/ Address/ Postcode and is there a country flag top right? if there is switch this to UK, disconnect the device from re-boot and it should work - unless there is something else wrong, worth a try for starters though - Mike
vanduara37
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,it freezes immediatly after pressing postcode button,i tried going to operate my device on tomtom home and got the message "a file needs to be downloaded to enable this function"after selecting yes to download the file it seems to download but then gives the mesage "we are sorry but there is something wrong with the add on emulator ,the install package is invalid and cannot be decompressed" .so can't try that option.?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The servers at TomTom seem to be in a bit of a muddle at the moment, try again to connect the device to your PC in a day or two then use the opperate my go option and it should download the required DLL file, once you can operate the device I hope you can use Homne to change the flag associated with postcode search (Only seen this fault once before though, although it was recent and involved a Go-750 as I recall).

If it does fix the issue can you please post back with whatever flag was top right when using the emulator via TT Home prior to selecting it to UK - Mike
vanduara37
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhn wrote:
Go here and download the updated pc (845) file in the first post. Unzip the file and place the two UK files (and the 2 Netherland, if you want) in the zip folder in the root of the unit.

Then, try again.

Thanks, did what you suggested but still getting the same problem,

John
vanduara37
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
The servers at TomTom seem to be in a bit of a muddle at the moment, try again to connect the device to your PC in a day or two then use the opperate my go option and it should download the required DLL file, once you can operate the device I hope you can use Homne to change the flag associated with postcode search (Only seen this fault once before though, although it was recent and involved a Go-750 as I recall).

If it does fix the issue can you please post back with whatever flag was top right when using the emulator via TT Home prior to selecting it to UK - Mike

I will wait a day or 2 and retry and post results.

John
dorsetwurzel
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vanduara37,

I had the same problem with my XL IQ routes. The link below solved it for me, although I know the support page talks about rebooting after a map update! I also got the rebooting when I tried to navigate to city or navigate to POI near city. Of course follow all usual backup advice.

I'm having problems with urls today so I have tacked the link on below...
Tim

http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10981
vanduara37
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally managed to download the "operate my one" file only to have the error "problem with this map ,you cannot use this map on this device"
United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland-26.which i have been using for the past 2 weeks.?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: