Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nuvi 250 swopout
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nuvi 250 swopout

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tally100
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Nuvi 250 swopout Reply with quote

Hi All
I have a Nuvu 250 that's 3 years old and will not hold it's charge so i have ordered a new battery from Ebay.My question is how do i back up my favorite etc so i dont lose them when i install the new battery. My car power lead is also falling to bit's so i was going to replace the satnav but due to cost i am replacing the battery first but if i do replace the sat nav what do you recommend these days i need UK and Europe and i have a SD card with USA/Canada on so i need to be able to use that as well,

Thanks

Tally
PhilHornby
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Nuvi 250 swopout Reply with quote

Tally100 wrote:
My question is how do i back up my favorite etc so i dont lose them when i install the new battery. My car power lead is also falling to bit's so i was going to replace the satnav but due to cost i am replacing the battery first

You won't lose the Favourites when you disconnect the battery, but a backup copy of them is to be found in \Garmin\GPX\Current.gpx on that unit. If you do need to restore them, rename it something else (such as \Temp.gpx) first.

Replacement 'USB' car chargers are available very cheaply on eBay. The trick is to find one that has the ID resistor fitted, so that the Nuvi doesn't go into mass-storage mode. (They do exist - but I don't have the details to hand)

he also wrote:
if i do replace the sat nav what do you recommend these days i need UK and Europe and i have a SD card with USA/Canada on so i need to be able to use that as well

No specific recommendation to make - but note: many of the latest units have a micro-SD slot. Obviously this will prevent you using your USA maps - and you can't just copy them to a new card Sad
Tally100
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks

I have replaced the battery so hopefully it will be ok now,the favorites are still there and I have realised the SD card is actually a micro SD inserted in s SD card so I can continue to use if i dont change it Very Happy

Thanks for your input

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: