Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 950 LIVE - TomTom Support.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

950 LIVE - TomTom Support.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zardoz
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 12:01 am    Post subject: 950 LIVE - TomTom Support. Reply with quote

Hi All,

I have recently had a problem when driving through France of my 950 LIVE crashing very frequenly, even on the latest App (9.026.483464.1) and Maps (Europe 845.2702). I am reasonably convinced that this is being caused by bad LIVE updates for traffic etc being received.

However, Tomtom support are spinning me the old "it must be corrupted software/disk" line and expecting me to wipe the App and start again. I simply do not believe them... Especially as on the reverse route, it was 100% stable over exactly the same roads.

Now for the challenge. I want to prove that the software is not corrupted but when I asked TT support for the binary checksums they hadn't a clue what I was talking about and assumed I wanted the source code, which they refused.

Does anyone on here have the ability to produce an "md5sum" list of the app binaries and maps of the above versions for a 950 LIVE (UK), so that I can compare with my unit?

For example just a small selection, just to show what I mean.

INTERNAL]$ md5sum system ttsystem *.so
26f4f2a0fb1580258cc75eb8181fa24a system
14a66a1387ffe9f9dbb4777b20c79f6a ttsystem
0180abdb2ba19f55dc91d7c22121f41a connect2internet.so
c42b1062771d433723ccd1bd5cc26fe8 libaec_55.so
e4c7fef9a4e6847e3067dd71b5b607f3 libaec_60_2.so
d56a7ad36b9b8f44856c0905a16e3a0a libaec_60.so

Regards,
Z.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Afraid I had to look "md5sum" up on Google, so I'm not a lot of help. Also my 950 is pretty "played with" so I very much doubt my files would be exactly the same as yours.

Maybe someone with a "plain vanilla" 950 would be prepared to help if you could come up with some instructions on how to produce the checksums.

Is there a standard program you can download to do it? Does it need to be run in a special way (command line or whatever?) Any help you can give might encourage someone...
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy, see here for an application to generate & verify the checksums.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: