Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How to remove mobile camera sites for Nissan Connect?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How to remove mobile camera sites for Nissan Connect?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Nissan Connect
View previous topic :: View next topic  
niggle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject: How to remove mobile camera sites for Nissan Connect? Reply with quote

Hi,

Is it simply a question of opening the CSV in Excel and removing all rows that contain the "MOBILE" string?

And is it ok to re-order the rows? So if I sort the rows according to the name in the 3rd column (to make it easier to remove the mobile sites), is this ok?

Many thanks.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as you save the file in the correct format (CSV) i can't see why not.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: How to remove mobile camera sites for Nissan Connect? Reply with quote

niggle wrote:
Is it simply a question of opening the CSV in Excel and removing all rows that contain the "MOBILE" string?
I agree with Paul above, but why would you want to remove the warnings of cams that are very likely to trap you unawares?? Confused
ratman633
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest problem I've found with the speed camera warnings, is that they only display on screen for a couple of seconds and show all the contents of column C in the CSV file eg SE-GATSO:1744@50 I found this difficult to read so I spent a hour or so changing them to read GATSO 30, MOBILE 50 etc. So far this has worked okay. One thing I noticed tonight during a round trip, was that it only gave a warning whilst travelling in one direction, the warning was correct for the position of the speed camera and direction of travel though. Didn't make the same journey before I re named the warnings so not sure if it's something I did. Can't see how just re naming would change it?
I'm just hoping that the new data is added to the end of the file for each new release and not inserted into the middle otherwise it will be a real pain to re name them all every week.

Keith

Last edited by ratman633 on Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ratman633 wrote:
If anyone would like a copy of the file just let me know.
Make sure that you do not give anyone else a copy of YOUR downloaded database. If it gets 'into the wild' your status could possibly change from 'Lifetime Member' to 'banned' Confused Shocked
ratman633
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
ratman633 wrote:
If anyone would like a copy of the file just let me know.
Make sure that you do not give anyone else a copy of YOUR downloaded database. If it gets 'into the wild' your status could possibly change from 'Lifetime Member' to 'banned' Confused Shocked

I was just trying to save others some work, but I take your point.

Thanks for the warning I hadn't thought about that.

Keith
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Didn't make the same journey before I re named the warnings so not sure if it's something I did. Can't see how just re naming would change it?

I don't understand what the problem is. Can you re-explain?

Reading it a few times and the only responses i can come up with are:
1) The database is dirctional on som eunits. Hence the alert works one way and not the other. This is to stop false alerts from camera facing the "wrong" way.
2) Renaming the cameras in the database could mess up the databases function. Each line contains data in a certian format. Mess about with it and the sat nav might not be able to interpret the data properly.

If you can re-explain the problem....

Quote:
I'm just hoping that the new data is added to the end of the file for each new release and not inserted into the middle otherwise it will be a real pain to re name them all every week.

I wouldn't bank on it. Cameras in the middle of the database might be updated with new information and each release is a whole new database that overwrites the one on your sat nav, so you'll have to do the work each week.

It might be worth finding the Find & Replace function in Excel to do the changes you want but there will still be a lot..
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
It might be worth finding the Find & Replace function in Excel to do the changes you want but there will still be a lot..
Ratman could instead write a macro to do it. It would only take seconds to do the lot without the need to sort the data etc.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
The database is dirctional on som eunits. Hence the alert works one way and not the other. This is to stop false alerts from camera facing the "wrong" way.
Paul, there is no directional data in the Connect CSV file other than the prefix to the cam name, just lon,lat,name, so it seems that this is not ratman's 'problem' Confused
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
PaulB2005 wrote:
The database is dirctional on som eunits. Hence the alert works one way and not the other. This is to stop false alerts from camera facing the "wrong" way.
Paul, there is no directional data in the Connect CSV file other than the prefix to the cam name, just lon,lat,name, so it seems that this is not ratman's 'problem' Confused

I know but i can't determine what ratman is saying the problem is so i'm guessing responses based on the quote

Quote:
it only gave a warning whilst travelling in one direction

and then i'm not sure what ratman is trying to say, hence i then say

Quote:
Reading it a few times and the only responses i can come up with are
yada yada yada...

If ratman can clarify the question / problem we can answer it a bit more clearly..
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Paulb
Yep, it's a bit starnge isn't it Confused
niggle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
PaulB2005 wrote:
Paul, there is no directional data in the Connect CSV file other than the prefix to the cam name, just lon,lat,name, so it seems that this is not ratman's 'problem' :?

Are you then saying that the prefix to the cam name *is* used as directional data by Nissan Connect?
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Are you then saying that the prefix to the cam name *is* used as directional data by Nissan Connect?

No, it is not. The prefix is a work around for databases that don't use directional data which would be in another field if it did support it. Which it doesn't. Wink

The confusion seems to be caused by ratmans comment about a camera alert being directional and then I'm not sure what he's saying...
niggle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks Paul.

Just reading between the lines, I think ratman was concerned that by editing the "name" column of the CSV, he had inadvertently messed up the directional info and thus confused the Nissan logic.

But if, as you say, Nissan Connect is not using the prefix, then I guess his one reported occurence of a missed warning is "just one of those things that can't be explained".
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
Quote:
No, it is not.
No, I was not saying that either Wink

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Nissan Connect All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: