Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How many devices can I put cameras on?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How many devices can I put cameras on?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hectorsgaf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:40 pm    Post subject: How many devices can I put cameras on? Reply with quote

Sorry if this is TOO stupid of me but it occurred to me - whilst trying to resurrect and old TT -

I have a TT Go 920 as my main satnav. Also a TT One v3 which I am trying to get going again ( another issue!)

Within my subscription , am I allowed to download and use the camera database on both of these TTs at the same time They are both registered with TT using separate email addresses . I ask as 1. I don't want to break the rules and 2. I am unable to load the Consolidated UK ones onto the TT One - keeps asking for a txt password.

Thank you
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First issue is easy - you can put the speed cam database from here onto upto three satnav devices (any brand) in the same household.

Second issue is a bit odd. I've never heard of a TomTom asking for a password just because you tried to add a POI fle (which is all the camera database from here is). Are you adding the .ov2 versions of the files? (just wonderring why you mentioned a txt password).

What exactly happens and when?
Hectorsgaf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloaded correct .ov2 file for UK consolidated.

Go to extract files to the UK & ROI folder on TT internal memory - not using HOME (never do) and after the usual prompt asking if I want to overwrite existing file 'licence' etc I press 'yes to all' like normal but then get something like

file 'licence_x2_icons.txt ' is either a read only, system or hidden file do you want to replace. It it 'yes to all' again and then get a box to enter password inti stating that the file is password protected. Tried the skip option then get similar for .bmp files as well. never seen this before when updating my Go. I just cancel as I am not sure what skipping the files will do.
Hectorsgaf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd try posting a screen shot if I knew how Last time I tried that on a forum I ended up with a massive bitmap file that narked the moderators !! Very Happy
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead of extracting the zip file direct to the TomTom, extract it to a folder on your PC. At least that will show whether it's a problem with the zip file or copying to your TomTom. Once it's extracted, you can copy and paste the files across.

If you have already got the bmp files on your TT, you don't need to copy them over again. Likewise with the licence files. The only ones you need to copy over again are the ov2 files which hold the data itself.

As for the screenshot, either reduce the size to less than about 400 pixels wide (can't remember what the forum can manage before the formatting goes wonky) or post the link to where you have it stored so that we can click through to it.
Brodit ProClip mount
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, It's nothing to do with the TomTom system itself then, it's more of a PC issue.

The 'licence_x2_icons.txt' file is literaly just a line of text saying that Gerry_C (of this forum) made the double sized icons and you shouldn't sell them etc.

There SHOULD be no reason why you can't overwrite it.

If you connect the TomTom to your PC and run Windows Explorer, can you just right click on the existing file and delete it from the pop up menu?

If not, can you select "properties" from the same right-click menu and see what the "attributes" are.
Hectorsgaf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The files on the TT are shown as 'archive' in attributes. It is blocking me and asking for passwords on other files too. e.g gatso.bmp

The downloaded files in the zip file updated database stored on my hard drive are shown as 'awaits archiving'.

It will also let me delete files ( well the licence x2 icons.txt one - didn't want to risk any more. ) from the TT using explorer.

Hope this makes sense.
Hectorsgaf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Gerry - didn't see your post as well. I have extracted the files into a folder on computer. Then selected just the .ov2 files and tried to copy them to the right folder on TT. Got message that it couldn't do it due to and 'I/O device error'
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next thing I would try is first check if the TomTom has been "enabled" in Device Manager on the PC, and if that doesn't help to DELETE the TomTom as a device in Device Manager. Then reconnec the TomTom and it should be recognised as a new hardware device.

There's some details on Device Manager on a TomTom help page HERE (click on the third section and then select your operating system).
Hectorsgaf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT is recognised OK in Device Manager. Have deleted and reconnected. No change.

For what it is worth a chkdsk on G; shows unrecoverable error in file /microbrowser. What ever that means!!
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it the V3 you are having problems with that it being looked at on your other post?

It sound like the issue there is the cause of this - it's having problems reading/writing the internal memory. I'd say it would be better just to get that fixed.
Brodit ProClip mount
Hectorsgaf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerry - yes it is the same one but as you can see - not too many suggestions on the other post. Point taken though and thank you for trying.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: